|Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Market : Industry Growth, Size Analysis, Share, Leading Players, Segmentation, Emerging Trends And Forecast 2026|
Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Industry Overview
The global biological safety testing products & services market size was valued at USD 2.77 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% over the forecast period.
The market is primarily driven by the increasing production of new-generation biologics by major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The high prevalence of target diseases globally has encouraged companies to increase the production of advanced biologics.
The rising need for biologics has resulted in unprecedented growth in the number of biopharmaceutical companies. Increasing competition to develop therapeutically advanced drugs on a large scale has compelled manufacturers to improve aspects of manufacturing processes such as productivity and cost-efficiency. Companies are thus implementing good manufacturing practices involving thorough biological testing at various levels of the production cycle, thereby aiding the market growth.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Market
The rising number of government initiatives to promote biological safety testing products and services is anticipated to drive overall growth over the forecast period. The high rate of microbial contamination and bioburden while manufacturing pharmaceuticals and biologics is expected to drive government and private organizations to improve underlying biological safety practices.
Moreover, the presence of regulatory authorities to enforce significant safety standards is anticipated to boost the adoption of testing tools. Stringent guidelines and recommendations issued by these authorities increase the incorporation of these tools by quality assurance technicians, thus fueling the market growth.
Biological safety testing services are used to ensure the safety of vaccines and biopharmaceuticals by confirming the absence of bacterial contaminants. Companies are offering services such as toxicology testing, bioburden testing, and analytical testing, which assess products on parameters such as accuracy, specificity, linearity, and range.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Biotechnology Industry Research Reports.
- Bioburden Testing Market – The global bioburden testing market size was valued at USD 727.0 million in 2018 and is expected to witness lucrative CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period. Growing pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and food and beverage industries is expected to drive the growth.
- Biotechnology Reagents & Kits Market – The global biotechnology reagents & kits market size was valued at USD 337.28 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.5% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing R&D expenditure by biotechnology companies, expanding applications of molecular biology, technological advancements in the field of biotechnology, and growing demand for synthetic biology are key driving factors for the growth of this market.
Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented biological safety testing products & services market on the basis of product, application, test type, and region:
- Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Market, by Product
- Reagents & Kits
- Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Vaccines & Therapeutics
- Blood & Blood-based Products
- Gene Therapy
- Tissue & Tissue-based Products
- Stem Cell
- Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Endotoxin Tests
- Sterility Tests
- Cell Line Authentication & Characterization Tests
- Bioburden Tests
- Adventitious Agent Detection Tests
- Residual Host Contamination Detection Tests
- Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- September 2020: The German government granted the mRNA-based vaccine makers, BioNTech and CureVac, an amount of USD 745 million to drive the improvement of their separate COVID-19 competitors.
- July 2020: The UK government reported that an extra USD 138.14 million (GBP 100 million) would be added to immunization assembling to guarantee that effective COVID-19 prophylactic can be delivered in the UK helping the boosting the biologics safety testing market in UK.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global biological safety testing products & services market include
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- BSL Bioservice Scientific Laboratories GmbH
- Lonza Group AG
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Limited
- Samsung BioLogics
Order a free sample PDF of the Biological Safety Testing Products & Services Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]