|Pessary Market 2022 Analysis Methodology, High Rate Of Growth And Future Trends 2030|
Pessary Industry Overview
The global pessary market size is expected to reach USD 547.2 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028. An increase in the demand for pessaries has been witnessed in recent years as compared to the surgeries performed for pelvic organ prolapse. Easy and convenient application has largely favored the growing usage of pessaries among patients.
Pessary Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global pessary market based on type, end-use, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Gellhorn, Ring, Donut, Others.
- The ring pessary segment dominated the pessary market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 58.9% in 2020. The segment is expected to witness significant CAGR throughout the forecast period owing to the factors such as ease of usage and patient comfort.
- The ring pessary is appropriate for all stages of POP. Clinicians favor ring pessaries because of the simplicity with which they may be inserted and removed. These are most effective in the early stages of prolapse, but they can be used at any stage of pelvic organ prolapse.
- This device uses suction to support areas that may be sagging or bulging due to prolapse. Most of the pessaries available in the market nowadays are comprised of silicone, which is highly compatible material.
- They’re non-allergenic, long-lasting, autoclavable, and simple to remove and replace. The type of pessary to use is determined by a number of parameters, including the type and degree of prolapse.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Clinics.
- The hospital segment dominated the vaginal pessary market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 44.2% in 2020. This growth is owing to the high demand for pessaries in post-operative and bedridden in-patients.
- Increasing awareness about organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, and inclusion of pessaries in private insurances are some of the factors boosting the segment growth. Also, the hospital settings are adopting minimally invasive procedures for placing a pessary to reduce post-operative complications and accelerate the recovery rate.
- The clinic segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 9.8% in the market for pessary during the forecast period. This can be attributable to affordable pessary fitting procedures, limited hospital stays, and higher convenience for the geriatric population.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Market – The global ambulatory surgery center market size was valued at USD 75.2 billion in 2018 and is estimated to register a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, technological developments in surgical devices and equipment, and surgeons’ control over the choice of such equipment are some of the factors responsible for ASC market growth.
- Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market – The global plasmid DNA contract manufacturing market size was valued at USD 273.3 million in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3% from 2023 to 2030. The rapidly growing field of cell and gene therapy is creating overwhelming enthusiasm across the plasmid DNA contract manufacturing market.
Pessary Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is highly competitive, marked by the presence of a large number of domestic as well as international players. Some of the key strategic initiatives undertaken by market players include new product development, mergers, acquisition, partnership, and collaboration.
Some prominent players in the global pessary market include
- CooperSurgical Inc.
- Bliss GVS Pharma
- Panpac Medical Corporation
- Bioteque America
- Personal Medical Corporation
- Dr. Arabin GmbH & Co. KG
- Integra Lifesciences
- Wallach Surgical Devices
Order a free sample PDF of the Pessary Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]