|GCC Ceramic Tiles Market 2022 Growth Rate-pricing, Geoarticleshoodic Analysis And Regional Supply 2030|
GCC Ceramic Tiles Industry Overview
The GCC ceramic tiles market size is expected to reach USD 14.2 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2020 to 2028. Increasing infrastructure development activities in the GCC countries to spur the transformation into non-oil economies is expected to drive the market.
GCC Ceramic Tiles Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the GCC ceramic tiles market on the basis of product, application, end-use, and country:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Glazed Ceramic Tiles, Porcelain Tiles, Others.
- The porcelain tiles segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of about 60.0% in 2020. This is attributed to strength and durability compared to general ceramic tiles as they are fired at extreme temperatures and made from ultrafine and denser clays.
- Porcelain tiles do not fade and are easy to maintain. Moreover, they are chemical and stain-resistant and, therefore, highly suitable for use in commercial spaces such as hotels, shopping malls, and institutional buildings.
- The glazed ceramic tiles segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.9% over the forecast period, on account of the superior water and stain resistance offered by the product.
- The production process of glazed tiles includes an additional firing process to add a layer of liquid glass to unglazed ceramic tiles. Glazed ceramic tiles are less robust, in terms of thickness and density, as compared to unglazed tiles.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Commercial.
- The commercial end-use segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of about 72.0% in 2020, owing to rising demand for highly durable and cost-efficient ceramic tiles-based floorings for use in high-traffic commercial and industrial sectors.
- The expansion of modern offices and workspaces, growing renovation activities in commercial spaces, and rapid industrialization in developing economies are further expected to propel the segment growth over the forecast period.
- Ceramic tiles are highly durable, well-suited for high-traffic commercial applications, cost-efficient, available in versatile designs, and require low maintenance. As a result, their demand for commercial spaces is projected to increase in the coming years.
- The demand for ceramic tiles in residential end use is expected to increase over the forecast period owing to the growth in residential construction activities in several GCC countries including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Bahrain.
- The residential end-use segment includes residential buildings, apartments, complexes, and small houses. Ceramic tiles are majorly used in residential applications on account of their low cost, highly durable nature, and resistance to shock, stain, and dirt.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Wall Tiles, Floor Tiles, Others.
- The floor tiles application segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of about 72.3% in 2020, as these tiles are stain-resistant, maintenance-free, and less costly as compared with stone and marble-based flooring tiles.
- Consumers are rapidly shifting from traditional marble and stone floors to low-cost and maintenance-free ceramic tiles. Technological advancements such as the enhancement of digital printing processes are further driving the demand for ceramic floor tiles.
- The demand for ceramic tiles in wall tiles application is expected to rise over the forecast period as these tiles are a cost-effective and durable alternative for conventional stone materials in several residential and commercial constructions. In addition, rising consumer preferences for personalized tiles using 3D printing techniques are expected to create new growth opportunities in the market for ceramic tiles.
- Other application areas of ceramic tiles include their use as outdoor and indoor pavements, wall coverings, cladding, and countertops. Technological advancements have facilitated the production of tiles with natural effects such as stone, marble, and wood. Brick-type tiles are emerging as one of the most popular materials for cladding applications.
GCC Ceramic Tiles Country Outlook
- Saudi Arabia
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is characterized by strong competition on account of the presence of prominent manufacturers serving major geographies in the GCC region. In addition, these manufacturers have established their production capacities in non-GCC countries with low production costs, which in turn scale up their profit margins.
Some prominent players in the GCC ceramic tiles market include
- RAK Ceramics
- Porcelanosa Dubai
- Al Jawadah Ceramics
- Forsan Ceramics
- Al Anwar Ceramic Tiles Co. SAOG
- Al Maha Ceramics
- Al Khaleej Ceramics
- Saudi Ceramics
- Arabian Tile Company Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the GCC Ceramic Tiles Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]