It may be frustrating for a passenger to change their plans at the last minute. But Spirit Airlines’ Cancellation Policy is open-ended and comprehensive. Read this cancellation policy carefully to understand Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy. Check out all the terms and conditions closely to get a better idea of Spirit’s cancellation policy.
Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy: what is it?
- Spirit’s cancellation policy is not restricted in any way. Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy is crystal clear. It does not matter if your plans have changed or you are unable to travel for any reason whatsoever, you can always cancel your Spirit Airlines flight up to one hour before departure.
- Spirit refund chances at the last minute are almost zero. If you believe you have a genuine reason for cancelling your flight, you can request a refund.
- In air travel, changes are inevitable. That is why Spirit Airlines lets its users cancel their flights for free if they cancel their flights 60 days in advance of their departure. If made 60 days before the actual date of journey, not only cancellations, but also changes, are also free. Additionally, Spirit cancellations for flights that are seven days or more away are free if made within 24 hours of the booking.
Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy highlights
It is important that passengers review the cancellation policy before revoking their tickets. Without following these guidelines, a customer may find themselves in a bind at the time of cancellation. Here are some highlights of Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy:
- According to Spirit Airlines’ 24-Hour Cancellation Policy, passengers may be charged for last-minute cancellations.
- Passengers don’t have to pay any fees if their flight is cancelled due to bad weather.
- When the departure date is seven days or more from the date of booking, no fee will be charged if the ticket is cancelled within 24 hours.
- A customer must pay cancellation charges after the risk-free period.
- If Spirit Airlines cancels your reservation on the same day as the reservation, the passenger will receive a free night’s accommodation.
- After the risk-free period, passengers with non-refundable tickets must pay a Spirit cancellation fee.
- If a passenger cancels a flight due to death, theft, government orders, illness, or military orders, Spirit Airlines will not charge a fee.
- There will be more cancellation charges for international flights than domestic flights, according to Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy.
- Flight changes can be requested within 24 hours.
Is it possible to cancel Spirit Flights offline?
It’s understandable that plans change! We offer a variety of cancellation options for Spirit Flights, so you can do it quickly and conveniently. If you cancel your flight 60 days or more in advance, you’ll get a free cancellation. If you need to cancel a Spirit flight, you can do the following:
What is the process for cancelling a Spirit Flight offline?
Follow these steps to cancel a Spirit Airlines flight offline:
- Call Spirit Airlines customer service: Spirit Airlines’ customer service number can help you cancel a flight by contacting a representative.
- Provide your booking information: The customer service representative will need your booking confirmation number, name, and flight details.
- Confirm cancellation: When cancelling your flight, the representative will offer refunds or future travel credits.
Note: It is important to review Spirit Airlines’ terms and conditions before cancelling your flight to understand any potential cancellation fees.
Note: While Spirit Airlines’ website and mobile app make it easy to cancel flights online, their customer service is the best way to cancel offline.
What is the best way to cancel a Spirit flight online?
Here are the steps for cancelling a Spirit flight online:
- Visit www.spirit.com
- If you have a reservation but are not logged in, click “My Trips”
- Enter your last name and confirmation code next.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Click “Cancel Reservation” in the drop-down menu.”
- If you are eligible for a refund or credit, follow any additional instructions.
What are the steps to cancelling a Spirit Flight on social media?
If you wish to cancel spirit flight, you can contact them directly on their official page and ask for further information. The process might be slow, so we recommend going for the other options above.
Facebook and Twitter accounts for Spirit Flight.
Note: It’s best to review the cancellation policy before cancelling to ensure you understand any fees or restrictions. Spirit Airlines has a strict cancellation policy that may prevent refunds for some fares.
How Spirit Airlines handles cancellations and refunds
When you cancel your flight earlier, Spirit Airlines is more likely to refund you. The earlier you cancel your flight, the better your chances of getting a refund from Spirit Airlines. Below you will find the Spirit Airlines cancellation fee structure to help you better understand the cancellation fee and refund process.
- Fee Amount: $99 if booked less than two days before departure
- Fee Amount: $79 3-6 Days Before Departure
- A $49 fee applies to reservations made 7-59 days before departure
- More than 60 days before departure: no fee amount (full refund).
When a flight is cancelled, does Spirit issue a refund?
It is possible to answer this question in the shortest possible time. If Spirit Airlines cancels a flight for operational or natural disaster reasons, all passengers, including those who booked non refundable flights, will receive a full refund. Our recommendation is that you contact Spirit customer service once for confirmation because Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy can change at any time.
What is the reason for the cancellation of Spirit Airlines flights?
Spirit flights can be cancelled for a variety of reasons, including:
- Weather conditions are poor.
- Delays in flights.
- There are mechanical problems.
- Insufficient staffing.
- Issues related to security.
When any of the above happens, your flight may be delayed, rescheduled or cancelled. If this happens to you, it’s helpful to understand Spirit’s cancellation policy.
Cancellation Policy for Spirit Weather
It depends on Spirit Airlines’ policies and the conditions of cancelling the flight. If they cancel your flight due to bad weather conditions, they will offer you a refund or vouchers for future travel or board you on the next flight. However, Spirit’s weather cancellation policy differs slightly from the standard one.
- The airline will inform passengers if the flight is preponed, postponed, or cancelled.
- When a flight is cancelled, the airline offers a seat on the next flight with the same origin and destination.
- In accordance with Spirit Weather’s cancellation policy, the airline will not deduct any amount for cancellations.
- A passenger who wishes to cancel, reschedule, or get a full refund should follow spirit’s cancellation policy.
The Spirit Airlines change policy: cash or points payments for flights
Regardless of the fare selected, all customers will have 24 hours from the time of their original booking to change their reservation without paying a fee, as long as the ticket is purchased more than 7 days (168 hours) before the departure date.
Ticket type: standard or award
Changes to standard or award tickets must be made within the initial 24-hour window or more than 60 days before departure. Otherwise, you have to pay the $39 to $79 change fee. You must also pay the price difference if your ticket is more expensive than your original ticket if you are changing.
Until 24 hours in advance of departure, Flight Flex customers can make a 1-time free change online. Any difference in airfare will still be borne by the customer. It is important to note that you will only be able to make one change, and Flight Flex is only available during your initial booking.
Flight Flex costs $35 to $45 per ticket at the time of booking, depending on your itinerary. If you anticipate needing the extra flexibility Flight Flex provides, this could be worth the cost.
A same-day change fee of $99 applies to standby for an earlier flight, if it’s a same-day change.
Cancellation compensation from Spirit Airlines
The good news is, if your flight departed from an EU airport, you can request spirit Airlines compensation for your cancelled flight. Although Spirit Airlines is not a European carrier, its flights depart from EU airports covered by EC 261, a statute that protects passengers’ rights in the air.
- In the event of a cancellation or delay more than three hours before departure, you are entitled to up to US$700 (€600) in compensation.
- As part of EC 261, airlines are also required to provide their customers with complimentary accommodation, food, and other necessities while they wait, in addition to compensation related to Spirit Airlines.
How much does Spirit Airlines charge for flight cancellations
Spirit Airlines cancellation fees vary based on the number of days left before the date of travel after cancellation. Here are the details:
- If you cancel seven to sixty days before departure, the cancellation fee is $49; if you cancel seven days before departure, it is $99
- In the event that you cancel your Spirit flight after hours of booking, you will be required to pay some cancellation charges, or your ticket will be deducted by the airline
- Spirit Airlines’ cancellation fee ranges from $80 to $90
- If you cancel between 59 days and 7 days before departure, the fee is $49. If you cancel between 3 to 6 days, the fee is $79. If you cancel between 2 to 0 days, the fee is $99.
- There is a $119 cancellation fee for Spirit
- Spirit Airlines charges different cancellation fees depending on when you cancel. If you cancel after 24 hours of a certain time frame, you will not be eligible for a full refund. In addition to a travel credit, non-refundable service expenses will be deducted from the balance.
Is it possible to change my Spirit Airlines flight without paying a fee
Here are some options for changing your flight without paying a fee with Spirit Airlines:
- Change your flight within 24 hours of booking: Changes to your flight can be made within 24 hours of booking without fees. If you book at least seven days before departure, Spirit does not charge a fee if you cancel or change your flight within 24 hours of booking. Money is refunded to the original payment form.
- Book a Flight Flex: Flight Flex is an insurance program offered by Spirit Airlines that lets you change your flight free of charge. It is important to note, however, that Flight Flex is not a refundable product. It does not cover the base fare or any other fees associated with your ticket.
- Act quickly: Flights changed or cancelled 60+ days before departure are free. Flights changed or cancelled 15 to 59 days before departure are $39, 7 to 14 days are $59, and 0 to 6 days are $79 each.