The global Adaptive Clothing Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 1,259.1 million in 2020 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.0% over the forecast period 2023-2028, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
- A) Market Overview:
Adaptive clothing refers to clothing designed specifically for people with physical disabilities, mobility issues, or other special needs. These garments are designed to provide comfort, ease of dressing, and independence for individuals with limited mobility. Adaptive clothing includes features such as Velcro closures instead of buttons, elastic waistbands, and magnetic fasteners to make dressing easier for people with disabilities. It also includes specialized clothing for individuals with conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- B) Market Dynamics:
The market for adaptive clothing is primarily driven by the increasing awareness about inclusive fashion and the growing geriatric population. The rising demand for clothing that meets the specific needs of individuals with disabilities or limited mobility is fueling the growth of the adaptive clothing market.
One of the key drivers of the Adaptive Clothing Market is the growing awareness about inclusive fashion. There is a growing movement in the fashion industry to promote inclusivity and cater to the needs of individuals with disabilities. Many mainstream fashion brands are now recognizing the importance of adaptive clothing and are designing collections that are inclusive and accessible to everyone. For example, Tommy Hilfiger has launched an adaptive clothing line called Tommy Adaptive, which includes clothing with modifications such as magnetic closures and adjustable hems.
Another driver of the market is the growing geriatric population. As the global population continues to age, there is an increasing need for clothing that is easy to put on and take off for individuals with limited mobility. Adaptive clothing offers a solution to this need by providing garments that are specifically designed to accommodate the physical limitations of older adults.
- C) Segment Analysis:
In terms of segment analysis, the market can be segmented based on end-users, including men, women, and children. Among these segments, the women’s segment dominates the market due to the high demand for adaptive clothing for women. Women’s adaptive clothing includes a wide range of products such as adaptive dresses, tops, pants, and underwear. The availability of a variety of stylish and functional options in women’s adaptive clothing is driving its dominance in the market.
- D) PEST Analysis:
– Political: Government regulations and policies related to the fashion industry and accessibility play a crucial role in shaping the market for adaptive clothing.
– Economic: Economic factors such as disposable income, consumer spending, and healthcare expenditure influence the demand for adaptive clothing.
– Social: Increasing awareness about inclusivity and the fashion industry’s efforts to promote diversity are driving the demand for adaptive clothing.
– Technological: Technological advancements in fabric materials, fasteners, and manufacturing processes are enabling the development of innovative and functional adaptive clothing.
- E) Key Takeaways:
– The global adaptive clothing market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.0% over the forecast period, due to increasing awareness about inclusive fashion and the growing geriatric population.
– The market is dominated by the women’s segment, which offers a wide range of stylish and functional adaptive clothing options.
– The North America region is expected to witness the fastest growth in the adaptive clothing market, driven by the presence of key players and the increasing adoption of inclusive fashion in the region.
– Key players operating in the global adaptive clothing market include Silvert’s Adaptive Clothing & Footwear, Izzy Camilleri, NBZ Apparel International, Able2Wear, Adaptions by Adrian, Professional Fit Clothing, Adaptive Clothing Showroom, Creation Confort, Buck & Buck, PVH Corp., and Lycra Company.