Biologics Contract Manufacturing Industry Overview
The global biologics contract manufacturing market size was valued at USD 14.2 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% from 2022 to 2030.
There was unparalleled growth in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The main drivers for this growth were the rise in investments by the government and prominent players in the biopharmaceutical market to increase productivity and efficiency. Biotechnology outsourcing of biologics has become a new trend. Biotech contract manufacturing is witnessing an increase in inquiries as well as orders, mostly related to coronavirus vaccines and therapeutics. Currently, Lonza has received over 40 inquiries about projects related to COVID-19. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the disruptions in the supply chain.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Biologics Contract Manufacturing Market
However, supply chains have proven to be robust and supplies, manufacturing as well as services associated with biologics, have remained largely unaffected around the globe. Many organizations are attempting to speed up their productivity to meet the growing demand. Such companies are, therefore, appointing CDMOs to speed up their production processes. The worldwide effort to develop a vaccine against COVID-19 has created the greatest opportunity for many large CDMOs. Continuous advancements in biotechnology and biomedical science techniques have dramatically enhanced the process of biologics development for the management of several chronic conditions.
These advancements are aimed at a better understanding of cell-line production & protein identification and expression & engineering. Several biotechnology approaches for the production of self-adjuvanting antigen-adjuvant fusion protein subunit vaccines have been introduced in recent years. The development of new vaccines is observed to be aided by the availability of characterized platforms of new adjuvants. Furthermore, the use of nanosystems has increased in recent years as they help address the delivery challenges pertaining to the application of mRNA therapeutics in the treatment of diseases.
Several factors, such as a robust pipeline of biologics, an increase in the rate of FDA NDA/BLA approvals, a rise in patent expiration, as well as limited manufacturing capacity, and the need for realization of cost savings, have prompted the market players to opt for contract manufacturing services for biologics development to stay competitive in the market. Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) play an important role in reshaping the biologics market as they can support startups and small-scale & emerging players.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Biologics Market – The global biologics market size was valued at USD 315.32 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% from 2020 to 2025. These products represent cutting-edge research and also enable the latest scientific discoveries. Such discoveries can be translated into novel therapies that provide new treatment options for patients.
- Biotechnology Market – The global biotechnology market size was estimated at USD 1,023.92 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.9% from 2022 to 2030. The market is driven by strong government support through initiatives aimed at modernization of regulatory framework, improvements in approval processes & reimbursement policies, as well as standardization of clinical studies.
Biologics Contract Manufacturing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global biologics contract manufacturing market based on product, indication, and region:
Biologics Contract Manufacturing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Recombinant Protein
Biologics Contract Manufacturing Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Immunological Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders (CVDs)
- Hematological Disorders
Biologics Contract Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- January 2022: Lonza launched a technology that will be used for the discovery and design of antibodies that are biospecific and this technology will be called bYlok™. The outsourcing of drugs or biologics manufacturing is rapidly increasing around the world.
- November 2021: Lonza signed a five-year service agreement with Bioqube Ventures, a venture capital firm, wherein Lonza will provide development and manufacturing service of biologics and small molecules to the portfolio companies of Bioqube Ventures.
- November 2021: Lonza Group AG entered into a manufacturing agreement with BlueJay, a developer of innovative therapeutics, for the development of BJT-778 monoclonal antibody for treating chronic HBV infection.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global biologics contract manufacturing market include
- Wuxi Biologics
- Abzena Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Thermo Fischer (Patheon)
- Eurofins CDMO
Order a free sample PDF of the Biologics Contract Manufacturing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]