Breast Pads Industry Overview
The global breast pads market size was valued at USD 84.04 million in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% from 2022 to 2030.
An increase in women’s employment is expected to be a high-impact rendering driver in the market. Working women have a relatively high disposable income and less time to breastfeed their babies, and thus, are ideal customers for breast pads and related accessories.
Growing consumer awareness and supportive government initiatives are anticipated to propel the global demand for breast pads. The box comprises items such as newborn clothes, nursing pads, thermometer, and nappies. Moreover, the governments of various countries are encouraging mothers to breastfeed babies up to the age of 6 months. Additionally, many international agencies are arranging campaigns to raise awareness regarding breastfeeding. Thus, the rising awareness and the introduction of easy-to-use and convenient nursing products are also expected to propel the market growth in the near term.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Breast Pads Market
In addition, the growing trend of delayed parenthood is anticipated to increase the spending on premium baby products, which is expected to positively influence the market growth. Furthermore, various market players such as Medela LLC, Laura & Co., Newell Brands, and Ameda and universities including Washington University & Fudan University are raising awareness among women about breastfeeding and its benefits by arranging campaigns and providing informative magazines. In addition, social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram have enabled individuals to access information about breast pads. Several companies provide information on these platforms.
Moreover, a few new trends with the growing popularity of ultra-thin washable nursing breast pads, new product launches with better technologies, and the presence of several social media platforms are expected to drive a considerable demand for breast pads over the forecast period. For instance, Medela’s Tender Care Hydrogel Pads combine instant cooling relief with a comfortable, contoured shape for easy use and instant comfort.
The growing global population and rising birth rates in emerging and underdeveloped economies with large untapped opportunities are expected to serve this market as a high-impact rendering driver. An increase in the global population and birth rates are clear indicators of a constantly widening consumer base for breast pads, and therefore, this is expected to significantly drive the market over the forecast period.
Furthermore, government initiatives such as the CDC providing information on COVID-19 and growing awareness regarding breastfeeding practices are expected to fuel the growth of the market. Furthermore, the birth rate is likely to rise following the pandemic. For instance, researchers at the University of Michigan estimate a rise in the number of births following the pandemic. As a result, the market for breastfeeding accessories such as breast pads is predicted to grow gradually. COVID-19 had a negligible impact on the market, and the market is expected to witness a gradual surge post-pandemic period. Moreover, many companies undertook initiatives and issued new guidelines to support breast milk during this period. For instance, Medela AG conducted research on the effects of COVID-19 on breast milk feeding practices and introduced a set of guidelines, named Preserving Breastfeeding in the Age of COVID-19, to support breastfeeding practices.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Thermometer Market – The global thermometer market size was valued at USD 1.3 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% from 2022 to 2030. Increase in the prevalence of infectious diseases and other medical conditions such as malaria and dengue, as well as rising awareness about the importance of body temperature monitoring are the major factors expected to drive the market.
- Breastfeeding Accessories Market – The global breastfeeding accessories market size was valued at USD 2.22 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.45% from 2022 to 2030. The demand for breastfeeding accessories is increasing owing to a rise in the global women’s employment rate.
Breast Pads Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global breast pads market on the basis of type, distribution channel, and region:
Breast Pads Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Breast Pads Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Breast Pads Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- August 2021: Pan America Health Organization, along with World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action, carried out a World Breastfeeding Week campaign in 2021, in which they informed people about the importance of breastfeeding, galvanized people into taking action related to breastfeeding and breast milk, and recommended standard infant breast milk feeding guidelines and benefits during COVID-19. Thereby, such factors are contributing to the regional market growth.
- February 2018: Cache Coeur launched its new brand Curve. They are guaranteed leak-resistant, undetectable, and washable.
- August 2017: Scotland’s Baby Box scheme is a Scottish Government initiative to offer a free Baby Box for all babies due in Scotland.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global breast pads market include
- Medela AG
- Cardinal Health
- Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc.
- Magento, Inc. (Ameda)
- NUK USA LLC
- Pigeon Corporation
- Cache Coeur
- KINDRED BRAVELY
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Order a free sample PDF of the Breast Pads Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel