Building Acoustic Insulation Industry Overview
The global building acoustic insulation market size is expected to reach USD 6.2 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2021 to 2028. Rising investment in infrastructure, stringent building code, energy efficiency, and increasing living standards are augmenting the growth of the market.
Building Acoustic Insulation Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global building acoustic insulation market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Glass Wool, Rock Wool, Foamed Plastic, Others.
- Foamed plastic (cellular polymers) dominated the market and accounted for over 40.0% share of the global revenue in 2020. Its properties such as lightweight, vibration damping, and heat and sound absorption make it suitable for acoustic and decorative applications including interior ceilings of hotels, theatres, hospitals, and conference halls.
- Stone wool (Rock /Mineral wool) is estimated to be the fastest-growing product over the forecast period on account of its efficient fire protection, excellent sound absorption, high levels of thermal insulation, bio-stability, and environment-friendly properties.
- Glass wool (Fiberglass) products are made from glass that is spun into fibers and then formed into sheets using a binding agent. Thin layers are pressed together into a bigger sheet for greater strength, high tensile strength, exceptional resilience, and thermal and acoustic properties.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Non-residential.
- The non-residential segment led the market and accounted for over 55.0% share of the revenue in 2020. The growth can be attributed to the increasing demand for commercial and industrial infrastructure across the globe, coupled with increasing demand in the entertainment industry including music studios, corporate workplaces, cinema halls, and auditoriums.
- Rising demand for construction projects, rising middle-class population, and increased disposable incomes are expected to drive the residential segment. Moreover, growing health awareness among the population owing to the rising prevalence of hearing impairment and heart diseases is a major factor driving the market.
Building Acoustic Insulation Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Key industry participants spend significantly on product innovation and customized products to meet customer needs. Prominent players have been using a variety of business strategies such as capacity building, business expansion, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and application development to stay competitive in the global market.
Some prominent players in the global building acoustic insulation market include
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Owens Corning
- Rockwool International
- Armacell International S.A.
- Kingspan Group plc
- Knauf Insulation
- Johns Manville
- Fletcher Insulation
- International Cellulose Corporation
- Hush Acoustics
- L’Isolante K-Flex S.p.A.
- Arabian Fiberglass Insulation Company Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Building Acoustic Insulation Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]