What is the Cancellation Policy of Copa Airlines?
Copa Airlines is well familiar in for a major Copa States Airlines with its favorite headquarters and largest hub at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport based in Atlanta city. Copa Airlines has quite a large fleet size in order to offer perfect flight services by the travel agencies. Most of the passengers choose its wide range of flight services to complete their journeys along with the number of facilities and services. It helps to book and cancel a flight ticket at an affordable cost without facing any trouble. With that process, you can move to the website where you can select the flight to book online at your end. But if facing any trouble while completing this task you can contact its customer agent to find out the best tactics and tricks to book a Copa flight ticket online.
Copa cancellation policy with 24 hours risk-Free
As per the Copa customer commitment, passengers who reserved directly on Copa.com or using the Fly Copa app can use risk-free cancellation features, which means that after buying an e-ticket, you can cancel or change your flight free in 24 hours without paying extra fees.
|Time Period||Economy Tickets||Non Refundable Tickets||Refundable Tickets|
|During 24-hour risk-free cancellation||Zero Cancellation Fee||Zero Cancellation Fee||Zero Cancellation Fee|
|After 24-hour risk-free cancellation||Not Allowed||$0 to $500(Location-wise)||Easily Refundable|
|Within 24 hours of flight||Not Allowed||$0 to $500(Location-wise)||Easily Refundable|
What Exactly is Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 Hours?
How to use the 24-hour Cancellation Policy of Copa Airlines?
It is important to notice a valid date and time to cancel or change your flight at the right time. So if you are having selected the correct time to cancel your flight then you may follow the process instantly.
Ways to use the 24-hour cancellation policy of Copa Airlines:
- As per the policy of the airline, you can only cancel your reservation within 24 hours of its purchase to enjoy hassle-free cancellation.
- You may get a full refund on the Copa Airlines flight ticket until midnight the day after purchase.
- If you have purchased a non-refundable ticket then fare might be less as long as the departure date is more than 7 days away.
- You need to follow every term and enter the cause of the cancellation may also provide you a full refund instantly.
However, if face any trouble then you should consult with the customer representative to know the process in less than no time.
Here are the ways on How to Cancel Copa Airlines Flight?
- First of all, visit the booking website and click on the login button to access your account.
- Enter the correct email address and password and press the login button and select more options.
- Select manage booking and check-in tab and select your flight showing on the page.
- Press the next button and select my trips option and enter the flight name and number.
- Enter the passenger’s name and once done then click on the continue button to view your reservation.
- Click on the modify button select the reserved flight you wish to and move to the next.
- If you are canceling a non-refundable ticket then you have to pay a cancellation fee as per the policy.
- Having confirmed your cancellation, you may apply for a refund as per the policy at the end of the task.
- If you in the skeptical that is Copa Airlines flights refundable or not then you must get in touch with the travel agents instantly.
Are Copa Airlines Flights Refundable?
Flight Cancellation For Refundable and Nonrefundable Tickets
As per Customer representatives, Copa offers a full refund after canceling a flight ticket online but it generally depends on the mode of cancellation. If you have booked your ticket with the card then you need to enter the account number with the card number and select the refund policy. So it is quite clear that you can obtain a full refund as per the cancellation policy of Copa Airlines instantly.
Canceling flights is even more painful than missing one! Imagine you planned your holiday for days but right before the flight departure, you canceled your flight because of any emergency. Now if had made flight reservations in Copa Airlines and now you want to cancel your flight then you should be aware of certain policies. To find out, tap below.
Terms and Conditions Related to the Flight Cancellation
If you have never ever traveled by Copa Airlines and canceling flights for the first time then you might need to know about the Copa Cancellation policy. Depending upon the type of ticket you are canceling, there are different terms and conditions for the flight cancellation. Here are a few of them.
How to cancel Copa nonrefundable and refundable tickets
- To cancel the refundable and non-refundable flights both, first of all, open the official website of the airline and move to the manage booking section.
- Under the manage booking section, tap on the cancel flights link. Now enter your reservation number and fetch all the remaining flight details.
- Now whether you had booked a refundable or non-refundable flight ticket, you can easily cancel it.
- And once you cancel it, you will receive a notification of the confirmation through mail or text. However, if you cancel the refundable flight, you will receive a refund, and if it’s nonrefundable then not.
What are 24 Hours Risk-Free Flight Cancellation Policy
If you cancel your flight reservation within 24 hours of the flight then the Copa cancellation policy applied would be on the basis of 24 hours. Here are a few of them.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the flight booking then your flight would be canceled free of cost and you donâ€™t have to pay any fee.
- Also, you can easily apply for a full refund for the flight cancellation.
How much does it cost to cancel a flight with Copa Airlines?
When you can cancel a booking with Copa Airlines, you will be entitled to pay the cancellation fee, for non-refundable tickets. Copa cancellation fee is calculated according to the fare rules of the airline. But still, the cancellation fees start at $200 depending on the fare type and itinerary. After charging the cancellation amount, the remaining balance is provided as e-Credit. The validity of the e-Credit will vary according to the terms defined on the original ticket.
How to get a refund on a Copa flight?
After canceling the ticket, you can request a refund amount. You can follow the rules of the Copa refund policy, which are as follows:
- The refund amount is only provided for the refundable bookings.
- When you book using credit, debit, check, or cash, it is easy to get the refund amount.
- You can claim a refund for any unused portion of the ticket in Copa Airlines.
- If you have applied for trip protection at the time of booking, the cancellation and refund will be hassle-free.
- When you cancel your booking within 24 hours of purchase, you will get a full refund. This condition is applicable to all fare types.
- To claim the refund after cancellation, you need to fill the refund form available on the Copa Airlines website.
What is a covered reason for trip cancellation Copa?
For the passengers planning to book reservations with Copa Airlines, they can travel confidently by opting for the trip protection service of the airline. Further, for the passengers who are wondering why they should opt for this service and what reasons are covered for the trip cancellation, they can check out the information mentioned in this article.
Why should one opt for Trip protection with Copa Airlines?
- Protection against trip cancellation and interruption
- Medical and dental emergency protection
- 24X7 emergency assistance along with global concierge services
Options for international and domestic travel
International travel: The passenger doesn’t need to worry about their safety while traveling abroad. The U.S State Department recommends trip protection as most of the insurance policies fail to cover the passenger outside the country. Moreover, this service comes along with trip cancellation protection and medical emergency assistance.
Domestic travel: The passenger can travel without any worries as they are offered trip cancellation protection during unforeseen events.
Info about the covered reasons under the trip cancellation protection
In simple words, this travel protection plan protects the travel investment of the passenger if the trip is canceled or interrupted due to illness, injury, death of the passenger, or any immediate family relative/ member or traveling companion. Also, this program includes pre-departure cancellation waiver benefits too.
Benefits offered to the passenger under trip protection
Note: The reimbursement will be offered if the passenger fulfills the covered reasons mentioned above or defined by airline policy in the below-mentioned cases.
- Trip cancellation protection
- Emergency medical and dental assistance
- Trip interruption
- Baggage loss and damage
- Change fee
- Emergency medical transportation
- Baggage delay
Can you cancel a basic economy flight Copa?
Yes, we cancel a basic economy Copa flight in a very simple manner. You just need to follow some simple rules such as cancellation before 24 hours of flight booking. If you want to cancel a flight, you need to follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of Copa airlines.
- Next, open the “Find my trip” section placed on the landing page.
- You are required to click on the “change or cancel your flight” option.
- To cancel your flight booking, select the cancel option.
- Enter the passenger’s last name, first name and confirmation number in the required field.
- Go through the onscreen instructions.
- Now, choose the flight booking which you want to cancel. Then, tap on the cancel booking option.
- Provide the confirmation for the flight cancellation.
- At last, you will get a cancelation confirmation message on your registered email id or phone number.
Can I cancel or change my Copa flight without paying fees?
Yes, you can change or cancel your Copa flight without paying fees under certain guidelines which are given below.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of flight booking, you will get a full refund.
- Additionally, the passengers can appeal for an online refund by submitting the refund request form.
- The refund is entitled on the eligible flight tickets that are canceled within a certain period. The refund will be given after the expiry date of the flight ticket.
- The refund request may take some time to be processed and it will be given within 7 to 10 working days.
In this way, one can easily cancel a Copa flight without a fee in a very simple manner. If you have any queries, you can contact customer assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cancel Copa Flight without penalty?
Yes, you can cancel the Copa flight without paying any fee. But, there are some points that you need to meet, and if you are violating them, then you might have to bear some sort of cancellation charges. We have covered them below:
- If you cancel the current ticket within 24 hours of purchasing, then you can easily skip the charges.
- When you have a premium membership, then you can skip the charges even if you have canceled the ticket 1 hour before the departure.
What happens if you cancel a Copa flight booked with points?
If you have to cancel the flights you have booked with the points, there will be no cancellation charges. But, you will be no more eligible to get a refund. So the ticket with points canceled, then you can only avoid the penalty.
How do I use my Copa credit for a Cancelled flight?
You can use the Copa credit for a canceled flight but to bear the cancellation charges. For this, you need to direct some steps:
- Go to the Copa redeem page
- Here you have to provide the ticket number and then validate the e-credit
- Select the options to a canceled flight
- And then confirm the payment
- Later you have to confirm it
In this, you can easily use Copa credit for a canceled flight.
Can you cancel your Copa flight for free?
Yes, you can cancel the flight for free, but only when you cancel it within the risk-free period. It is something when you cancel the ticket without paying any kind of fee. In other scenarios, if you have canceled the ticket and become a flyer member, then you can easily go with the cancellation without paying any fee.
Can I cancel my Copa flight and get a refund?
If you have canceled the ticket, then you can only get the refund when you satisfy the below-mentioned points:
- It should be canceled within 24 hours of purchasing
- The ticket should be refundable
- The reason behind the canceled ticket must be authentic and genuine
So, in this case, you can get a refund, or in another situation, you will get a refund but there will be some penalty.