Under Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy, you can change your flight (date, time, and/or destination) or apply for a refund as an eCredit.
Changing flight policies of Delta Airlines can be seen in the following keypoints:
- There is no flight change fee if you change your flight’s date, time, and/or location within 24 hours of booking, regardless of fare (i.e., non-refundable fares).
- The Delta change fees has been waived for all domestic and international flights originating from North America. This includes:
- Basic Economy tickets booked until April 30, 2021*. Some tickets, including those originating from Africa, Europe, and other international regions, may be able to be changed for a fee. Your ticket contains the details.
- It is only applicable to Delta-issued tickets, so if you booked a Delta ticket with another airline, you’ll need to check Delta Airlines’ flight change policy.
- If the ticket was issued by Delta, it will be valid on all international flights operated by Delta’s codeshare and joint venture partners.
- Flight change fees have been eliminated for all flights between the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean (both ways), including Basic Economy tickets booked through April 30, 2021.
- If your ticket is refundable, you may change it anytime up to 24 hours before departure without incurring a change fee. However, you may need to pay the applicable fare difference if you wish to make the change.
- Award tickets will not be subject to change fees (if changed before departure):
- It is available throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- On international flights that originate in North America.
- Within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the USVI, same-day changes are available for a fee starting at USD 75. However, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion members get same-day flight changes for free. You cannot make same-day changes to international or basic economy tickets. For more information, see Delta Airlines’ Same Day Flight Change Policy.
- All passengers in your booking will be affected if you change your existing flight reservation online.
- If you wish to change a ticket issued by a third party, you may be charged an additional fee (by the third party).
Call Delta Airlines Change Flight Phone Number if you have any questions or need assistance.
Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy – What Does It Mean?
In 2023, if you wish to change your Delta Airlines flight, you must follow the following rules:
- When you have refundable fares originating in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands, you can change your flight at no cost.
- For all ticket types, there is no flight change fee within 24 hours of booking and 7 days before departure.
- Tickets can also be changed for free for Delta Medallion status members.
- Delta’s same-day change policy applies if less than 24 hours remain before departure.
- If you request an earlier flight, you can fly on standby for free.
- A $75 fee is required to select a later time for same-day confirmed changes.
- One day before departure and after 24 hours of booking, standard flight change rules may apply.
- A delay or cancellation on the airline’s end makes you eligible for complimentary access to the new flight. There won’t even be a fare difference.
For more information on Delta Airlines’ change flight policy or process, call Delta Airlines customer service to speak with a customer service representative.
Flight Change Policy Highlights for Delta Airlines
The Delta Change Policy allows you to make any changes you want to your flight tickets. The duration of making changes may vary depending on various factors. In order to understand how and when you can make changes, you must read the following guidelines and conditions:
- Passengers may make personal alterations.
- Delta’s flight change policy allows you to modify your flight online or offline.
- Ticket changes are permitted regardless of fare type (except basic economy).
- If you change the details within the 24-hour risk-free period, no fee will be charged. However, the fare difference will be charged.
- When making changes within 24 hours, the passenger should ensure that seven days have passed between the booking and departure.
- There are three types of Delta Airlines fares, basic economy, refundable, and non-refundable. In Delta Airlines’ new flight policy, basic economy tickets can only be changed within 24 hours, refundable tickets can be changed at any time, and non-refundable tickets can be changed anytime, subject to a fee.
- In addition to fare differences, Delta charges change fees for changing a ticket numerous times.
Flight changes at Delta Airlines are allowed within 24 hours
In the same way as same-day changes, the 24-hour risk-free period allows you to make changes without any charge within 24 hours of your reservation. As per Delta’s change policy, you won’t be charged a fee if you change the time, date, or anything else. Depending on your ticket class, you may need to pay a fee.
If your ticket is at least seven days in advance, you must change your flight within 24 hours of booking.
Is it possible to modify my Delta flight for free?
If you would like to change your flights free of charge, you must have a refundable Delta Airlines ticket. Delta Airlines offers both refundable and nonrefundable fares. Check that all the fare rules apply, and that there are seats available on the new flight you want to change to.
The change fee for your Delta flight refundable ticket is Nil, but you may still have to pay the difference in fare if the new ticket costs more than the original fare.
Flights with Delta for refundable tickets
- On Delta Airlines’ official website, you can locate your flight through the My Trips section.
- Choose the flight you wish to change next.
- You can now change or add flights by selecting “Change or Add Flights”.
- Choose a new flight.
- Recheck all the services you want on your new flight and pay for any fare difference.
- Ensure that the process is complete.
After this, you will receive a confirmation email with the updated flight details of your Delta Airlines changed flight to your registered email.Contact the Delta Airlines reservation specialists for more information on changing tickets.
Flight on Delta with a non-refundable ticket
The following modifications can be made by a Delta passenger with a non-refundable flight ticket:
- To login, go to the Delta Airlines official site and enter your credentials.
- In the second step, tap the “My Trips” button in the section.
- The third step is to select the flight option you wish to change.
- The fourth step is to click on the “Modify Flight” section.
- The fifth step is to tap on the “Start Flight Change” button.
- The sixth step is to select a new flight.
- Make the necessary payment at the checkout stage.
- You will receive confirmation of the flight change within a few days.
Award flight change with Delta
You can amend your Delta Airlines award ticket up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure. The following steps can be followed to modify your Delta Airlines award ticket:
- Visit Delta Airlines’ official website to access your account.
- You can amend a flight by going to “My Trips” and tapping on it.
- Select “Start Flight Change” from the menu.
- You can choose a new flight.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and make the payment.
- Now, wait for the new flight confirmation
Third-party tickets and Delta flight changes
It is your responsibility to follow the rules of the third party who issued the ticket for you. When it comes to Delta tickets purchased as part of a hotel or vacation package, you must follow the rules of the third party.
What is the cost of the service?
If you booked through:
- Booking agency for online travel
- Travel agencies in the traditional sense
- In the case of partner airlines,
Changing such tickets requires an additional third-party fee. There is a 50 USD external ticket handling charge which isn’t applicable if changes are made through Delta’s official sites.
Flight change policy for Delta Airlines on the same day
A Delta Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy allows passengers to adjust their travel plans on the day of departure, which is more convenient and stress-free for passengers. Here is a detailed description of Delta Airlines’ Same Day Flight Change Policy:
Same-day flight changes with Delta: Your solution for travel flexibility
Flyers with last-minute changes to their travel plans can take advantage of Delta’s Same Day Flight Change Policy, which caters to their changing needs and schedules. The policy allows eligible travellers to change flights the same day as their original departure date.
Delta’s Same Day Flight Change Policy includes the following aspects:
- There are certain eligibility requirements for utilizing the Same Day Flight Change Policy. Passengers traveling in Delta One, First Class, or Delta Premium Select are usually eligible for this service, as well as Medallion Status members (Silver Medallion and above).
- Generally, international flights cannot be changed on the same day under this policy. The policy applies to US flights, Puerto Rico flights, and U.S. Virgin Islands flights.
- There is a seat availability restriction for same-day flight changes. Passengers can check seat availability online or at the airport kiosk.
- Within 24 hours of the alternate flight’s departure time, a Same Day Flight Change request must be made.
- If the new flight’s fare is higher than the original fare, eligible passengers may still be liable for paying the fare difference even though the Same Day Flight Change Policy allows them to change their flights without paying a change fee. It is possible for passengers to receive a credit if the new fare is lower.
- The Same Day Flight Change Policy requires passengers to check in at least 30 minutes before the new departure time for domestic flights and 60 minutes for international flights.
- The passenger can opt for standby on the desired flight if the alternate flight is not available or if he or she does not meet the eligibility requirements for the Same Day Flight Change. Passengers who qualify for standby availability are typically offered a reduced fee or complimentary service.
- In addition, certain fares, including Basic Economy, may not be eligible for Same Day Flight Change Policy. Additionally, some flights with specific restrictions may not be eligible.
What is the process for changing a Delta Airlines flight online?
Changing your flight on Delta Airlines is easy and quick. You can do the following:
- You can change the date, day, or time of your flight.
- You can change your flight’s origin or destination.
You can change your Delta flight online by following these steps:
- The first step is to visit Delta.com
- Select My Trips from the drop-down menu
- The confirmation number, or
- The number of your credit/debit card
- The ticket number
- The full name of the individual
- Click the Search my trip button.
- Select the flight you wish to change.
- Then click Edit Flight.
- Choose Start Flight Change from the menu
- Organize a new flight
Delta flights can be changed offline, is that possible?
When you desire to change your flight offline, you can do so. You can find Delta Airlines’ flight change phone number directly on their official website. A Delta Airlines agent can assist you by calling the given number. There is still an offline method that you need to know about even though Delta Airlines offers 24-hour flight changes and you can easily make changes for free with their no change fee option.
What is the process for changing Delta flights over the phone?
- Find Delta’s flight change phone number on their official website.
- Follow the instructions on the IVR when you call this number.
- Modifications and changes to flights can be made by selecting this option.
- Connect with a live agent by following the instructions carefully.
- You should ask the agent to make the changes and confirm them.
- To confirm the change, you must have the 13-digit ticket number and confirmation code.
- The fare difference may have to be paid to confirm.
- You will receive the details of your new ticket via email after this.
The email includes an e-ticket number for altering the flights, along with the confirmation number.
Flight changes on Delta Airlines are free
Through its free modification policy, Delta Airlines aims to better comprehend its customers. Sometimes, Delta Airlines changes flight policies permit passengers to make free changes. However, you must be aware of the following points that fall under this financial benefit:
- Ticket classes above the Main Cabin can be modified for free.
- Bookings made to/from North America can also be modified for free, if your ticket is not the Basic Economy ticket.
- Ticket holders in Main Cabin Class are allowed to change their flights for free when Delta modifies flights.
- There is no fee when you fly to Puerto Rico, the United States, Canada, or The Virgin Islands.
A change fee is charged by Delta Airlines
In addition to any fare differences that apply, if you wish to change your flight, you may be charged between USD 200 – 500. The table below shows the change fee waivers that are available.
Route or time of ticket booking
Fees for Delta Airlines changes
- Risk-free tickets within 24 hours
- Basic Economy tickets do not have a change fee.
- Purchased tickets before April 30
- All tickets, including Basic Economy, are subject to no change fees until December 31.
- Travel tickets purchased after April 30
- Change fees are waived until December 31 for all tickets, including Basic Economy.
- The purchase of a trip after April 30, for travel after that date
- Tickets for Basic Economy cannot be changed.
- Travel from North America to anywhere in the world
- There is no change fee for Basic Economy tickets that are not covered by Delta’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
- North America and Mexico (both ways) trips originating in the Caribbean
- There is no change fee for Basic Economy tickets that are not covered by Delta’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
- Purchases made on or after May 1, 2021 for trips originating outside North America.
- All travel classes except Basic Economy tickets are exempt from the change fee (temporarily waived).
- The Basic Economy ticket and the ticket after the travel waiver is removed.
- USD 200–500 (depending on route). Within 24 hours of departure: Starting at USD 75 (subject to availability).
The Delta Change Fee: How Can You Avoid It?
The flyer must be aware of all the terms and conditions associated with the Delta change fees in order to avoid it. Here are the different sets of rules:
- The primary economy tickets are not subject to any changes. You must first revoke the flight and then rebook it.
- A passenger can change the airline’s refundable fees free of charge up to 72 hours before departure. However, the fare difference will be charged.
- It is also free of charge for Delta to make modifications to award tickets.
Delta Airlines Change Fee Waiver: What is it?
As part of the Delta Airlines Change Fee Waiver, Delta Air Lines temporarily suspends or eliminates the standard flight change fees that passengers would typically incur when changing their flight reservations. When passengers can modify their travel plans without incurring change fees during specific periods or in response to particular circumstances, this waiver is offered.