Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Industry Overview
The global diaphragm pacing therapy system market size was valued at USD 7.6 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% from 2021 to 2028.
The growing prevalence of disorders including sleep apnea, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and spinal cord injuries is expected to support the growth of the market. The diaphragm pacemaker is more accurate, comfortable compared to the mechanical ventilators and reduces the risk of upper airway infections such as ventilator-associated pneumonia.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market
In addition, the favorable regulatory policies and approvals are fueling the adoption of the diaphragm pacing therapy systems. The COVID-19 pandemic propelled the demand owing to the upsurge in the ventilation requirements to provide respiratory care for the infected patients.
The diaphragm pacing therapy system reduces the dependence on mechanical ventilators and most patients prefer the diaphragm pacemaker as it facilitates normal breathing and better speech patterns, improved sense of smell, and ease of drinking and eating activities. In addition, the silent operation and functioning of a breathing pacemaker and the size of the device enabling mobility is further expected to boost the adoption of the diaphragm pacing therapy systems.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Mechanical Ventilator Market – The global mechanical ventilator market size was valued at USD 5.79 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% from 2022 to 2030. The unprecedented dawn of COVID-19 boosted the demand for mechanical ventilators by leaps and bounds in 2020.
- Pacemakers Market – The global pacemakers market size was valued at USD 4.4 billion in 2021 and is estimated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% from 2022 to 2030. Rising incidences of CVDs, increasing cost of cardiac disease management, favorable government policies, and the launch of technologically advanced pacemakers such as the MRI safe pacemakers and leadless pacemakers are chiefly driving the growth in the market.
Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market based on product, application, and region:
Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- External Diaphragm Pacemaker
- Diaphragm Pacemaker
Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- April 2020: The diaphragm pacing therapy system by Lungpacer Medical, Inc. received the FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) approval to assist the weaning COVID patients.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market include
- Lungpacer Medical Inc.
- Avery Biomedical Devices, Inc.
- Synapse Biomedical
Order a free sample PDF of the Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter