Dispatch Console Industry Overview
The global dispatch console market size is expected to reach USD 2.36 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2021 to 2028. The growing need for maintaining seamless communication and exchange of pertinent information between dispatchers and field personnel, and subsequently, ensuring organized operations even in the most challenging conditions is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. The aggressive investments by various organizations, including public utility companies and police and fire departments, emergency medical services, and trucking and taxi companies, in deploying the latest communication tools are expected to contribute to the growth of the market. The initiatives market players are pursuing to roll out innovative dispatch consoles featuring advanced features, such as integrated contacts, rapid recall, display customization, and dial from maps, also bode well for the growth of the market.
Dispatch Console Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global dispatch console market on the basis of type, application, and region:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Hardware, Software, Radio Management Systems.
- The hardware segment dominated the market in 2020 and accounted for a revenue share of more than 40.0%. Hardware is majorly required for supervisory monitoring and communication purposes during operational situations. The hardware typically differs according to the specific requirements of the end-use industries and industry verticals.
- Vendors may even go beyond the basics to offer advanced safety measures by incorporating extra features, such as GPS-based location services, remote monitoring, temporary device disabling, and emergency management.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Government and Defense, Public Safety, Transportation, Utility, Healthcare, Others.
- The transportation segment dominated the market in 2020 and accounted for a revenue share of more than 30.0%. The layouts of transportation dispatch consoles are designed to ensure a clear view and workflow. Dispatcher integration is based on the necessity to manage and control the activities of service vehicles.
- Service cars are gaining significant traction across all major industries and industry verticals and all these vehicles are being outfitted with a variety of additional systems and technologies to facilitate dispatcher integration.
- The service vehicles used by fire departments and emergency medical services need to operate at high efficiencies and are hence being particularly outfitted to support dispatcher integration.
- The public safety segment is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR over the forecast period. The public safety segment covers the use of dispatch consoles by police and fire departments, emergency medical services, defense agencies, and paramilitary agencies, among others.
- All these agencies are increasingly incorporating dispatch consoles into their communications operations. Different technologies such as Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) and Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) are being used in the dispatch consoles for public safety applications.
- Hence, vendors of dispatch consoles are putting a strong emphasis on striking partnerships with government agencies and other public safety organizations. For instance, Avtec and Burlington Communications upgraded the Vermont State Police (VSP) dispatch system in November 2019.
Dispatch Console Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The global market can be described as a highly fragmented market. The incumbents of the market are particularly focusing on enhancing their product offerings to better cater to the changing needs of the end-users and stay competitive.
Some prominent players in the global dispatch console market include
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Harris Corporation
- Bosch Security Systems
- Zetron, Inc. (Kenwood)
- Avtec Inc.
- Omnitronics, L.L.C.
- Siemens Convergence Creators GmbH (AtoS)
- Catalyst Communication Technologies Inc.
- EF Johnson Technologies
Order a free sample PDF of the Dispatch Console Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]