Your garage door may be one of those commonplace items that you use every day without giving it a second thought, therefore you may not give it much attention. The ideal one may accomplish a lot for your household being the biggest moving item in it. So, how well-versed are you in garage doors and their applications?
Considering that you likely use your garage door every day, we thought we’d dig up a few fun and interesting Overhead Door Service facts that’ll have you feeling like a pro!
- The Invention of the Garage Overhead Door- C.G. Johnson co-invented the garage door as we know and appreciate it in 1921, and he displayed it at the 1923 New York Motor Show. Incidentally, Johnson is also recognised for creating the first garage door opener, which he accomplished as a result of being annoyed with having to physically open the door each time he returned home. Who can blame him? A garage door opener can save your life!
- It’s the New Front Door- Overhead door repair services reports 71% of homeowners use their garage doors as their main entryway, not their front door, due to the convenience of parking your vehicle inside and just walking in. In some regards, you could basically say it’s like replacing the front door!
- It Can Help Sell your Home- A first impression is created in just seven seconds, did you know that? The outside of a property is the first thing a potential buyer sees, so making a good first impression is essential to getting them to want to see more. With this knowledge, it is understandable why garage door replacements were recognised as having the highest return on investment (ROI).
- It Can Make your Neighbors Jealous- You may elevate your Overhead Door Service to the new benchmark in the area with current designs like contemporary aluminium, classic wood, or lovely carriage house garage doors. There is no reason your curb appeal can’t stand out from the competition with the wide variety of garage door designs and hues available.
- It Can Protect Your Home in Extreme Weather- According to insurance analysts, wind entrance into your home’s garage causes 80% of residential hurricane damage. Storm-driven debris during an intense wind event can damage, distort, or even breach regular garage doors. During a storm, a garage door from our Wind Load collection that is code-approved and wind-resistant can assist to safeguard your property.
- It Can Help Save Energy- A properly insulated garage door may actually increase the thermal efficiency of your house, especially if it was made using our own, proprietary polyurethane foamed-in-place insulation technology. The combination of an insulated door and insulated garage walls may assist regulate the temperature of your garage area and offer further advantages.
- It’s Where Big Ideas are Born- Will the garage be the site of your upcoming major undertaking? Talk about a successful outcome: The Beatles, Nirvana, Metallica, Apple, Amazon, Disney, Google, and Harley-Davidson all had their start in garages. Choose a thermally efficient garage door to ensure your comfort as you generate ideas.
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel