Are you getting stuck with QuickBooks Error 6094, 0 ((6010, 2) and don’t know how to get rid of it? No worries, if yes. It is found that QuickBooks is a robust accounting software used across the globe by many small and mid-sized business owners. It is loaded with various advanced features such as preparing invoices, paying bills, and so on. However, despite being flawless software, it is most likely to throw some unspecified errors like QuickBooks Desktop Error 6094 which arises due to several security program updates.
A brief description: QuickBooks Error Code 6094
Error 6094 in QuickBooks Desktop is mainly noticed when third-party antivirus/internet security programs like PC tools internet security, AVG Antivirus, and SpyHunter malware block the QuickBooks application. It happens when any of such software modifies QuickBooks files and processes after accidentally detecting them as a potential threat to the computer’s security. Whenever the error strikes out, you may not be able to access the company file due to failure in launching the web database. Every time a user tries to access the QuickBooks application, the warning message starts popping up on the screen “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0).”
Read more – Visit this blog if you want to know, How to fix QuickBooks Error 15222.
Key factors that may lead to QuickBooks Error 6094.
There are a couple of reasons including security program updates that are accountable for QuickBooks Desktop error 6094, 0 while trying to open the company file. Some of them are enumerated below:
- Due to incorrect Internet security settings.
- If you fail to start the QuickBooks database server manager(QBDBMGRN) then it might possible that you trigger this company file error.
- The error appears when an Anti-virus application is restricting QuickBooks from accessing the server database.
Read more – Check out this page if you want to know, How to fix QuickBooks Error 30159.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6094 with Tested Methods
Some popular antivirus applications prevent the QuickBooks Desktop application from being scanned and troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Error 6094. It allows the accounting application to communicate with the server and access the company file. Here’s a list of some rectifications that are supposed to be carried out to resolve the issue from its root.
Technique 1: Configure the AVG antivirus
Steps for preventing the QuickBooks directory from being scanned:
- To start off, close QuickBooks Desktop and then open AVG Antivirus user interface.
- Now, click twice on the Resident shield and select Manage exceptions.
- Choose the Add path option and then type C:\Program Files\Intuit. It should be noted that if QuickBooks is installed in a different folder, then it is recommended to add that folder path.
- Finally, press OK to save changes.
To verify whether the files are quarantined or not
- Open the AVG Antivirus dashboard and click History.
- Now, choose the Virus vault and locate any QuickBooks file starting with qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe, qbdbmgr.exe, etc.
- Go for the required files, and then select Restore and close.
- To end the process, open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Check all the renamed files in the installation directory
- In the beginning, exit QuickBooks.
- Head to C:\ program files\Intuit\ QuickBooks folder and check the names of the files are changed. Example: QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED.
- Now, you need to rename the file to the Original name.
- The last step is to open your QuickBooks desktop application.
Technique 2: Go for QuickBooks Updates
- Firstly, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now, click on the Help tab.
- Choose the Update Now option.
- Also, select the Get Updates tab.
- Keep patience, this process may take some time.
- Once it is over, tap on Close and then re-open QuickBooks to check if the error code 6094 has been fixed or not.
Read more – Visit this blog if you want to read such amazing blog.
Are you still getting stuck with QuickBooks Error 6094 or looking for a helping hand? Don’t panic, here’s the solution. There are many QB users who often confront different technical glitches which usually occur due to several security program updates such as PC tools internet security, AVG Antivirus, and so on. Hence, it is required to get in touch with our QuickBooks technical error support team in order to make your complicated task easier or more interesting.