The food antioxidants market refers to the market for substances that are added to food products to prevent or delay their oxidation and spoilage, thereby extending their shelf life. Antioxidants are compounds that help to prevent the oxidation of food products by inhibiting the action of oxygen on the fats, oils, and other components in the food. This helps to preserve the color, flavor, texture, and nutritional value of the food.
The food antioxidants market is estimated at USD 1.6 billion in 2023 and is projected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2023 to 2028.
The food antioxidants market is driven by the increasing demand for processed food products with longer shelf life and the growing awareness among consumers about the benefits of antioxidants for health and wellness. Some of the most commonly used antioxidants in the food industry include vitamin E, vitamin C, carotenoids, and polyphenols. The market for food antioxidants is also influenced by factors such as the increasing use of natural antioxidants derived from plant sources, the growing demand for functional food products, and the rising trend of clean label products with fewer synthetic additives. Additionally, the food antioxidants market is highly regulated, with stringent food safety standards and labeling requirements that must be adhered to by manufacturers.
To Know More Get PDF Copy: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=91651246
Here are some current trends in the food antioxidants market:
- Natural antioxidants: There is a growing trend towards the use of natural antioxidants derived from plant sources such as herbs, spices, and fruits, due to increasing consumer demand for natural and clean label products. Manufacturers are also investing in research and development to identify new sources of natural antioxidants that can be used in food products.
- Functional food products: The demand for functional food products that offer health benefits beyond basic nutrition is increasing. Antioxidants are known to offer several health benefits, such as reducing the risk of chronic diseases, and as a result, manufacturers are developing new functional food products that contain antioxidants.
- Clean label products: There is a trend towards clean label products with fewer synthetic additives. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the ingredients in their food products, and are seeking out products with simpler, more natural ingredients. As a result, manufacturers are developing new antioxidant formulations that are derived from natural sources and can be used in clean label products.
- Emerging markets: The demand for food antioxidants is growing in emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East. This is due to the increasing consumption of processed food products in these regions, as well as the growing awareness of the health benefits of antioxidants.
- Combination of antioxidants: There is a growing trend towards the use of combinations of antioxidants in food products, as they are believed to offer greater health benefits than single antioxidants. Manufacturers are developing new formulations that combine different types of antioxidants to provide a synergistic effect.
The Asia Pacific market is projected to contribute the largest share for the food antioxidants market.
In 2022, the Asia Pacific region dominated the global market for food antioxidants, owing largely to rising demand from food manufacturers in developed countries to relocate production facilities to emerging markets, where labour costs are low and establishment and production costs are low. This tendency, as well as the rising need for natural and synthetic food antioxidants for the production of various food products, has propelled market revenue growth in the region.
Archer Daniels Midland (US), BASF SE (Germany), International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (US), Eastman Chemical Company (US), and DSM (The Netherland) are among the key players in the global food antioxidant market. To increase their company’s revenues and market shares, companies are focusing on launching new products, developing partnerships, and expanding their production facilities. The key strategies used by companies in the food antioxidants market include geographical expansion to tap the potential of emerging economies, strategic acquisitions to gain a foothold over the extensive supply chain, and new product launches as a result of extensive research and development (R&D) initiatives.
Make an Inquiry: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Enquiry_Before_BuyingNew.asp?id=91651246
(use Corporate E-Mail-Id to receive a quick response)