The global BIPV (Building Integrated Photovoltaics) Roofing market is estimated to be valued at USD 19.82 billion in 2022 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 21.0% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
BIPV roofing refers to the integration of solar panels into building materials, specifically roofing materials. These solar panels generate electricity from sunlight and can be seamlessly integrated into a building, offering a dual purpose of providing shelter and generating clean energy. BIPV roofing products have gained significant traction due to their numerous advantages. They provide an aesthetically pleasing look to buildings, reduce the carbon footprint, and offer potential cost savings by generating electricity on-site. With the increasing focus on renewable energy sources and sustainable building practices, the demand for BIPV roofing is expected to witness substantial growth.
Market key trends:
One key trend in the BIPV roofing market is the increasing adoption of smart BIPV systems. These systems integrate advanced technologies such as internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) to optimize energy generation, storage, and consumption. Smart BIPV systems enable real-time monitoring and control of energy production and consumption, allowing users to make data-driven decisions for energy efficiency. For example, Tesla’s Solar Roof utilizes a smart BIPV system that integrates solar panels with Tesla’s energy storage solution, Powerwall, and allows homeowners to monitor and control their energy usage through a mobile app.
– Political: Governments around the world are implementing supportive policies and incentives to promote the use of renewable energy sources, including BIPV roofing. Policies such as feed-in tariffs and tax credits stimulate the adoption of BIPV roofing by providing financial benefits to users.
– Economic: The declining cost of solar panels and advancements in BIPV technology have made BIPV roofing more economically viable. The potential cost savings from reduced energy bills and the long-term durability of BIPV roofing materials make them an attractive investment for both residential and commercial buildings.
– Social: Increasing awareness about climate change and the benefits of renewable energy sources among consumers is driving the demand for BIPV roofing. Consumers are increasingly opting for environmentally-friendly building materials and practices to reduce their carbon footprint and contribute to sustainability.
– Technological: The advancement in solar panel technology, such as the development of lightweight and flexible solar panels, has expanded the application scope of BIPV roofing. Additionally, innovations in energy storage solutions and smart grid systems have improved the efficiency and effectiveness of BIPV systems.
– The global BIPV roofing market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 21.0% over the forecast period, due to increasing focus on renewable energy sources and sustainable building practices.
– Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing and dominating region in the BIPV roofing market, driven by supportive government policies, rapid urbanization, and increasing awareness about clean energy.
– Key players operating in the global BIPV roofing market include Hanergy Mobile Energy Holding Group Limited, AGC Inc., The Solaria Corporation, Heliatek GmbH, Tesla, Ertex Solar, Onyx Solar Group LLC, NanoPV Solar Inc., Polysolar Ltd, ViaSolis, Topsun Energy Limited, ENF Ltd., Waaree Energies Ltd., Canadian Solar, ISSOL sa, Rayners, Kenotomi, and Novergy Energy Solutions Pvt Ltd.
In conclusion, the growing focus on renewable energy sources and sustainable building practices are driving the demand for BIPV roofing. The integration of advanced technologies and supportive government policies further enhance its market growth potential. The BIPV roofing market is expected to witness significant growth, presenting opportunities for key players in the industry.