Healthy Snacks Industry Overview
The global healthy snacks market size was valued at USD 85.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% from 2022 to 2030.
The healthy snack market has soared in recent years, especially since the global pandemic. As customers become more health-conscious, the need for nutritional yet delicious products has been booming. Furthermore, the increasing development in the supply chain of products is driving market growth. Major supermarket chains are now collaborating with third-party online delivery companies to expand their operations to include e-commerce channels.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Healthy Snacks Market
The COVID-19 pandemic altered people’s attitudes toward eating. People found themselves eating the majority of their meals at home while out-of-home dining opportunities were limited by stay-at-home mandates. Consumers want to stay in good shape so they can prevent illnesses, train at higher intensities for longer periods of time, and enjoy improved health. Hence, recent innovations in numerous healthy snack niches are on the rise, and this trend is inspired by customers’ preferences for snacks that deliver on health, convenience, and taste.
The rise in disposable income, along with a corporate culture of long work hours and stressful lifestyles, has led to a shift in eating patterns. Snacks have historically been seen to be unhealthy due to their high oil and sugar content, and hence are a major contributor to health problems such as obesity, high blood sugar, and hypertension. However, due to a recent shift in consumer behavior, the demand is fast shifting away from oily-spicy products and toward healthier, sugar-free, and low-calorie snacks packaged in small portions. This is a significant trend driving industry growth.
New-age customers want nutritious, on-the-go, and economical snacking options that suit their nutritional needs while also satisfying their taste buds. According to a 2020 study by MondelÄ“z International, nearly 59% of adults throughout the world prefer to consume multiple short meals throughout the day rather than a few larger ones. Snacks that meet stated health and nutrition criteria as well as address age-specific requirements or concerns, such as immunity, digestion, memory, weight loss, or energy are being developed by healthy snacks manufacturers, thereby propelling the market growth.
The healthy snacks industry in the forecast year is expected to be dominated by snacks with intriguing, new flavors and textures, created using sustainable technologies, packed with recyclable materials, and with clean labels. Vegan snacks, zero fats, high/added proteins, whole grains, reduced/zero sugar, zero oil/baked snacks, zero gluten content, and snacks with environmentally friendly packaging are just a few examples of emerging trends in this sector. The number of innovations in the market is continually expanding.
Personalized healthy snacks are another trend that is gaining momentum in the global industry. Snacks that match consumer lifestyle, dietary, and health needs are in high demand. As a result, personalized nutrition is now on the rise. Snacks that are keto-friendly and low in cholesterol, as well as those that are mood-boosting, gut-friendly, and help achieve better sleep, are becoming increasingly popular.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Consumer F&B Industry Research Reports.
- Snacks Market – The global snacks market size was valued at USD 1,450.4 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% from 2022 to 2030. The pandemic-induced lockdowns coupled with the global adoption of the work-from-home culture have led to the exponential growth of the snack market in the last two years.
- Savory Snacks Market – The global savory snacks market size was valued at USD 250.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% from 2022 to 2030. With consumer demand for more experimental healthy snacking experiences, food manufacturers are aiming to appeal to the new “curious consumer” by launching healthier savory snack options.
Healthy Snacks Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthy snacks market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
Healthy Snacks Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Frozen & Refrigerated
Healthy Snacks Distribution channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
Healthy Snacks Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- March 2022: PepsiCo and Beyond Meat launched their first plant-based product, meatless jerky. The companies had entered into a joint venture to develop plant-based healthy snacks and beverages under their PLANeT Partnership.
- January 2021: MondelÄ“z International acquired Hu Master Holdings, the parent company of Hu Products, a fast-growing US-based snacking company offering high-quality snacks made from simple ingredients
- February 2020: B&G Foods, Inc. has acquired Farmwise L.L.C., a Massachusetts.-based maker of frozen veggie fries, veggie tots and veggie rings. Farmwise’s frozen veggie snacks are from cauliflower, navy beans and onions. The products are vegan, non-GMO Project verified and free of major allergens, including gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, tree nuts and peanuts
- February 2019: Unilever acquired British snack brand Graze from investment firm The Carlyle Group. Graze offers a variety of snacks with no artificial ingredients, including nuts, seeds, trail mixes and bars.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global healthy snacks market include
- The Kellogg Company
- MondelÄ“z International
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- Dole Packaged Foods, LLC.
- Del Monte Foods, Inc.
- Select Harvests
- B&G Foods
- Monsoon Harvest
Order a free sample PDF of the Healthy Snacks Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel