LuxStone showers, known for their luxurious appearance and durability, are an excellent addition to any bathroom. However, like any other surface, they require regular cleaning and maintenance to preserve their beauty and functionality. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to effectively clean and maintain your Kohler Luxstone Shower.
Cleaning Your LuxStone Shower
Materials You’ll Need:
- Mild soap or shower cleaner
- Soft sponge or cloth
- Non-abrasive brush
- White vinegar or a commercial shower cleaner
- Microfiber towel or lint-free cloth
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
Before you begin, make sure you have all your cleaning supplies ready. Having everything on hand will make the process more efficient.
Step 2: Wet the Surface
Start by wetting the LuxStone surface thoroughly with water. This helps loosen dirt and soap scum.
Step 3: Apply Cleaner
Apply a mild soap or dedicated shower cleaner to the LuxStone surface. Avoid using abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface. Allow the cleaner to sit for a few minutes to break down any soap scum or mineral deposits.
Step 4: Scrub Gently
Using a soft sponge or cloth, gently scrub the LuxStone surface. For tougher stains or areas with buildup, use a non-abrasive brush. Be sure to clean all areas, including the walls, fixtures, and corners.
Step 5: Rinse Thoroughly
Rinse the shower thoroughly with water to remove all soap and cleaner residues. Ensure that no cleaning product is left behind, as it can affect the LuxStone’s appearance.
Step 6: Prevent Hard Water Stains
To prevent hard water stains, use a squeegee after each shower to remove excess water from the LuxStone surface. This step is particularly important if you live in an area with hard water.
Step 7: Dry the Surface
Use a microfiber towel or a lint-free cloth to dry the LuxStone surface. This helps prevent water spots and keeps the shower looking pristine.
Maintaining Your LuxStone Shower
In addition to regular cleaning, there are some maintenance practices that will help extend the life of your LuxStone shower.
- Regular Inspections: Periodically inspect the LuxStone surface for any cracks, chips, or damage. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage.
- Silicone Sealant: Check the silicone sealant around the edges of the shower and along seams. If you notice any cracks or deterioration, reseal these areas to prevent water infiltration.
- Avoid Harsh Cleaners: Stick to mild, non-abrasive cleaners when cleaning your LuxStone shower. Avoid using abrasive sponges or scouring pads, as they can scratch the surface.
- Avoid Heavy Impact: LuxStone is durable but not indestructible. Be cautious with heavy objects or sharp items to prevent accidental damage.
- Proper Ventilation: Ensure that your bathroom has proper ventilation to minimize moisture buildup, which can lead to mold and mildew growth.
- Regular Cleaning Routine: Make cleaning your LuxStone shower a part of your regular bathroom cleaning routine. Consistent maintenance will keep the surface looking like new.
By following these cleaning and maintenance tips, you can enjoy the beauty and durability of your Bathroom remodel Boston for years to come. A well-maintained LuxStone shower not only enhances your bathroom’s aesthetics but also adds value to your home.