If you want to cancel your flight with United Airlines and you wish for free cancellation, you must know How to get a refund from United Airlines. Also, you must have a complete idea about the flight cancellation and refund policy of United Airlines. The airline’s refunds for flight cancellation. But, for that, the customers need to follow certain rules.
So, let us first learn about the flight refund policy of airlines.
What is the United Airlines flight refund policy?
People who wish to learn about the refund policy of United Airlines can go through the following lines. These are the important instructions so that you, as customers, do not lose any money while cancelling the flight with United Airlines.
- If you cancel your refundable or non-refundable flight within 24 hours of the original booking, you will get back the complete refund. In this case, the airline does not make any cancellation charges.
- Once you have missed the free cancellation period of 24 hours, the non-refundable tickets will not get any refund if cancelled. However, there are chances that you might get travel credits in your account if you cancel some non-refundable flights.
- You will receive your refund in the same mode of payment. Also, the currency will be used for the refund.
- The customers need to wait for at least 20 working days to receive the refunded amount in their source account.
However, if there is any further delay in the refund, you can contact the customer service team of United Airlines. Also, you should check with your bank.
Can I get a refund for a non-refundable flight?
Yes, why not? The customers can get a refund for non-refundable flights in the following cases:
- If you cancel your non-refundable flight within 24 hours of the flight purchase, you can ask for a refund.
- Also, if there is any kind of emergency and you wish for a refund, you can ask the airline to return your money. However, you need to present authentic documents regarding the same.
- Moreover, if you have travel insurance, then you can cancel your trip and get a refund for the unplanned cancellation.
Therefore, if you are someone with a non-refundable flight ticket and wish to cancel it, you must fall into any of the above-mentioned categories.
How do I get a refund from United Airlines?
There are two opportunities when the customers can apply for a refund. First, you can ask for a refund within 24 hours of flight booking. Second, you can ask for a refund even after the 24 hours of time span.
Follow the below given to ask for a refund within 24 hours of flight purchase:
- Go to the United Airlines website.
- Then, visit the managed booking section.
- Now, enter the flight booking number and the last name of the passenger.
- Then, click on the find button.
- After that, follow the onscreen instructions.
However, if you have missed the 24 hours of time to cancel and request a United Airlines refund, you can follow the same method. But you need to add a reason along with supporting documents to cancel your ticket and get a refund at the same time. You must know How to get a refund from United Airlines.
How can I request a United Airlines refund via call?
Follow the below given step-by-step process if you wish for a United Airlines flight refund over the phone:
- Dial the United Airlines customer service phone number
- Then, listen to the IVR option and click on the right key to choose the language you are comfortable talking in.
- After that, you have to listen to the IVR prompts again so that you click on the right digit as per your reason for the refund request.
- Now, you will be able to speak to a United Airlines live agent.
- So, share your flight details.
The rest of the process will be followed by the airline personnel. Not only this, if you are facing any trouble while booking, changing or even cancelling your United flight, call us on our phone number.