Apple iPhones are considered to be one of the most expensive smartphones in the world. They offer rich user experience to the users, for which they are ready to pay over hundreds of dollars. But while we often take out time to clean the screen of our iPhone, and even give our phone a classic case to protect it, when was the last time you cleaned the speakers of your iPhone?. With everyday use, dirt, debris and dust can get built up in the little holes of your phone’s speaker, which results in reduction in audio output. And so sometimes we experience that the audio quality of our iPhone is not as good as it used to be, and so you might have to learn How to Clean iPhone Speakers, so that you can push off the dust present there. And to help you find that out, we got you covered through this article.
As you scroll down, you will find out complete details about cleaning the speakers of an iPhone, such as what is the right way to clean them, what are the do’s and don’ts that one should keep in mind for cleaning the speakers and much more. So just keep reading below to check out all the info.
How To Clean an iPhone Speaker In The Right Way?
There are a couple of methods or ways that can be used to clean the speakers of your iPhone, depending on the things available at home. The only important thing that you need to take care of is that you do not use any kind of liquids when you are cleaning the components of the phone. Now, among all the possible ways, using a soft small bristle brush is one of the best and most popularly used, as it is also recommended by Apple itself. So here are the steps to use it-
- Firstly, remove screen protectors and cases, if any, from your iPhone.
- Then, shine off a flashlight into the openings of the speakers, so that you can clearly see what you are exactly dealing with.
- Now, make sure that the brush that you are using to clean the speakers is clean, dry and soft bristled.
- Now, starting with the receiving of the speaker for How To Clean iPhone Speaker, just gently start to brush from side to side, in an angle, so that the dust is not pushed inside and brushed outside.
- Try to do this a lot of times, as it will tap off any excess dust which is present on the vents of the speaker.
- As you are using a small, soft and bristled brush to clean the excess dust from the lower holes of the speaker which are near the charging point, you can also insert the bristles of the brush inside the holes with a gentle pressure, and then rotate it softly inside which will pull out all the dust and debris.
There are many other methods for How To Clean iPhone Speakers, such as you can use the painter’s tape, a toothpick, which cleans the speakers thoroughly, an air blower, which can be used to remove the extra dust from the vents and more.
What Are The Do’s Of Cleaning The iPhone Speakers?
Looking at the best ‘to do’ advice from the Apple itself, they state that “If it is necessary to clean the speakers, clean them or the receiver opening using a soft, bristled and small brush. Also make sure that the brush is dry and properly clean. Now, below is a list of a few more “do’s” for you to clean the iPhone speakers-
- Do always consider spending in a special and good cleaning putty. While Blu-Tack can be largely used at a pinch, you would definitely want the putty to be so sticky that it does not push the dirt more inside, but remove it all as it is pulled outside.
- As you already read above, How to Clean iPhone Speaker, so simply use a bristled, small and soft brush to lightly brush the grilles of your iPhone speakers. Always try to use this brush at an angle, so that you are not pushing the dirt more inside the grilled, and just gently brushing it outwards.
- You could also use an air dryer to clean the speakers. These are very useful devices which do not put too much pressure, as canned and compressed air does, and so are completely safe to be used on an iPhone. So always consider using an air dryer after you are done using the bristled soft brush, as it will help you to remove dust that might have been missed by the brush.
What Are The Don’ts of Cleaning iPhone Speakers?
Now, before you are starting to find the perfect equipment which would reach to anything that could damage the speakers in your expensive smartphone, here are a few things which you definitely should not do-
- Do not use any kind of rubbing liquid, especially alcohol to clean it. Even though rubbing the alcohol does evaporate way faster than water, using any kind of liquid with the innards of the iPhone speakers is not a good mix.
- Do not use any sharp objects to take out the gunk. A lot of people are seen suggesting that a person should use the objects with sharp end, such as tweezers, toothpicks, and paperclips to scrap the grilles of the speaker to clean it, but it is way too risky and just do not do this!
- Also, as you know How To Clean iPhone Speakers, also remember to not use compressed and canned air to clean them. While most of these products are pretty much used for cleaning the robust electronic devices, such as keyboards for laptops, the force that is produced by them is too strong to be used for cleaning speakers of iPhone or any delicate electronic device. You could even end up sending the dirt more into the device, which could seriously damage it.