Injection Molding Industry Overview
The global injection molding market size was estimated at USD 261.8 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to expand at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% from 2022 to 2030.
The market growth is expected to be driven by the increasing demand for mass production of thousands of identical components at lower costs coupled with design flexibility, precision from various end-user industries such as packaging, medical, and electronics. The global economic recovery has been jolted by the quick emergence of the omicron strain in 2021. High transmissibility and ability to infect the vaccinated may lead to the imposition of lockdown and cause supply chain disruptions.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Injection Molding Market
Furthermore, countries such as China, India, South Korea are focusing on strengthening domestic manufacturing to hedge themselves from future disruptions which are expected to boost the market demand. The injection molding market in the U.S. witnessed a transition due to the COVID-19 pandemic as the players are increasing capacity to meet the growing needs of the market. Factors such as the rising number of manufacturers using medical injection molding technology, increasing demand for medical equipment, and growing healthcare expenditure in the country are expected to positively affect the growth.
The three important steps in injection molding services consist of prototype making, bridge tooling, and mass manufacturing. Prototypes are vital for the development of parts as they allow the shape and form of these parts to be tested before moving forward to their production with the actual designs. Prototyping ensures the performance of parts is in line with their intended functions after mass manufacturing them without deviating from the set objectives. Bridge tooling is another step in the molding process that occurs between prototyping and production tooling. This stage can be used for the improvisation of parts that have been successful in their early testing phases.
Bridge tooling is suitable for fine-tuning the process, estimating project ROI, and testing before entering the market. The growing packaging and medical device industry is expected to drive growth. Manufacturing injection molded components by OEMs in-house can prove to be a significant challenge from efficiency, cost perspective, and quality. Many players are opting for outsourcing injection molding services as it offers strategic optimization, streamlined inventory, economies of scale, quick start-up time, improved quality among others.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Artificial Intelligence Market – The global artificial intelligence market size was valued at USD 93.5 billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 38.1% from 2022 to 2030. The continuous research and innovation directed by the tech giants are driving the adoption of advanced technologies in industry verticals, such as automotive, healthcare, retail, finance, and manufacturing.
- Plastic Market – The global plastic market size was valued at USD 593.00 billion in 2021. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing plastic consumption in the construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics industries is projected to support market growth during the forecast period.
Injection Molding Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global injection molding market on the basis of material, application, and region:
Injection Molding Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Injection Molding Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Consumables & Electronics
- Automotive & Transportation
- Building & Construction
Injection Molding Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- February 2022: Beacon Medtech Solutions announced a partnership with Sumitomo Demag to increase its molding press capacity to expedite the manufacturing and delivery of precision plastic and silicone components.
- February 2022: Comar, a medical device and packaging solution provider acquired Automatic Plastics Ltd. Through this acquisition, the company aims to strengthen its presence in the pharmaceutical and medical sectors.
- August 2021: HTI Plastics installed a new 420-ton injection molding press with an integrated Engel Viper 20 robot to advance its machinery capabilities.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global injection molding market include
- C&J INDUSTRIES
- HTI Plastics
- The Rodon Group
- EVCO Plastics
- Majors Plastics, Inc.
- Proto Labs, Inc.
- Tessy Plastics
- Currier Plastics, Inc.
- Formplast GmbH
- H&K Müller GmbH & Co. KG
- Hehnke GmbH & Co KG
- TR PLAST GROUP
- D&M Plastics, LLC
Order a free sample PDF of the Injection Molding Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]