North America Metallic Barn Doors Industry Overview
The North America metallic barn doors market size is anticipated to reach USD 340.1 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market in the U.S. has been growing rapidly over the last few years due to the high product demand for interior decoration as well as improved privacy. Barn doors are used in residential spaces as well as in commercial spaces. The most popular product from across the U.S. is sliding barn doors. Many consumers prefer wood for barn doors for residential spaces due to the economic prices of these products. Metallic barn doors are widely preferred in commercial applications due to their luxurious and elegant finish. Many offices and education facilities prefer sliding barn doors as they do not take much space.
North America Metallic Barn Doors Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the North America metallic barn doors market on the basis of product, price range, end-user, and country:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Modular Kit (Customer Assembles) Framed Barn Door without Metallic Inner Panel, Modular Kit (Customer Assembles) Framed Barn Door with Metallic Inner Panel.
- In terms of value, modular kit (customer assembles) framed barn doors without metallic inner panel segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 72.9% in 2020. Such doors are often used in playrooms and living rooms or can even be used for bookshelves.
- The modular kit (customer assembles) framed barn door with metallic inner panel segment also accounted for a significant share in 2020. The segment is expected to register a CAGR of 3.3% from 2021 to 2028. These modular kits have metallic inner panels made from aluminum or stainless steel. There are various types of finishes for the panels and frames, such as unfinished raw steel, grey steel, flat black, and oil-rubbed bronze.
Based on the Price Range Insights, the market is segmented into Below USD 500, USD 501 to 1,000, USD 1,001 to 1,200.
- The USD 501 to 1,000 price range segment dominated the market with a revenue share of more than 52% in 2020. There are numerous door systems that fall within the USD 501 to 1000 price range, including the builder series and the designer series. The triple bypass barn door is one such example.
- Manufacturing companies fix the pricing depending on the styles customers choose. The designer series available under this price range includes various door systems, such as bi-parting and light-duty bypass door systems.
- The below USD 500 segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. Products priced below USD 500 come in various types, such as the standard barn door system, which consists of a single panel door system along a single rail with hangers at each end, as well as the bi-parting barn door system that consists of a single rail for double doors with four hangers.
Based on the End-user Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Commercial.
- The commercial sector dominated the market with a share of 75.0% in 2020. Barn doors are the current trend in décor not only in homes but in commercial spaces as well. Many commercial end-users prefer installing barn-style sliding doors as they save a lot of space and comply with the rest of the installations and structures very easily. In offices, sliding doors are crucial as they do not take up much space.
- A number of hotels and restaurants have swinging barn doors as these locations have much more space than homes and offices. This door design helps customers experience luxury but with a rustic feel.
- Furthermore, according to the U.S. Division of Commerce together with the U.S. Division of Housing and Urban Development, the number of new houses sold in February 2021 was around 775,000. Both residential and commercial spaces experienced demand for barn doors, as their maintenance cost is less and they do not take much space.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Homecare & Decor Industry Research Reports.
- Door Handles Market – The global door handles market size was valued at USD 7.35 billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% from 2022 to 2030. The industry growth is attributed to the growing residential and commercial construction activities, driven by rapid urbanization and industrialization, along with increasing consumer spending on home remodeling and interior fittings.
- Stainless Steel Market – The global stainless steel market size was valued at USD 104.23 billion in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% from 2022 to 2030. The private and public investments in infrastructure, as well as residential housing, is likely to provide a boost to the stainless steel demand.
North America Metallic Barn Doors Regional Outlook
- North America
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is fragmented due to the presence of a number of regional and international players. In addition, there are numerous small- and medium-scale manufacturers across the region that supply their products at a domestic level.
Some prominent players in the North America metallic barn doors market include
- Artisan Hardware
- US Door & More Inc. (DoorNmore)
- Doors4Home, LLC
- Leatherneck Hardware, Inc.
- The Sliding Door Company
- The White Shanty Shoppe
- Rocky Mountain Windows & Doors
Order a free sample PDF of the North America Metallic Barn Doors Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]