Pharmaceutical Cleaning Validation Industry Overview
The global pharmaceutical cleaning validation market size is expected to reach USD 22.8 billion by 2028 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Global pharma companies are focusing their efforts on their R&D facilities and pushing for innovation to boost drug discovery and development.
Pharmaceutical Cleaning Validation Market Segmentation
Grand View Research, Inc. has segmented the global pharmaceutical cleaning validation market on the basis of product type, validation test, and region:
Based on the Product Type Insights, the market is segmented into Small Molecule Drug, Peptides, Proteins, Cleaning Detergent.
- In 2020, the small molecule drug segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 46.9%. The large volumes of small drugs are manufactured every year accountable for the highest market share of the segment.
- The rising production levels of small molecule drugs are supporting the growth of cleaning validation demand. In addition, small-molecule drugs play a vital role in chronic diseases as well as regenerative medicine.
- The peptide segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 9.4% over the forthcoming years. Furthermore, peptides offer various advantages as compared to small molecule drugs. Since they are naturally occurring biologics, they are safer with greater selectivity, efficacy, and specificity.
Based on the Validation Test Insights, the market is segmented into Non-specific Tests, Product-specific Analytical Tests.
- The product-specific analytical tests segment dominated the pharmaceutical cleaning validation market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 65.3% in 2020.
- Analytical tests, such as ultraviolet spectroscopy, high-performance liquid chromatography, liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry, near-infrared spectroscopy, mid-infrared spectroscopy, capillary zone electrophoresis, atomic absorption, ion mobility spectrometry, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, are commonly used in cleaning validation.
- Among these, High-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) is the most commonly used method of cleaning validation and accounted for 50.9% of the revenue share in 2020 among the product-specific analytical tests segment.
- The non-specific tests segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forthcoming years as they provide the quantitative value of the complete formulation and degradation. Among the various non-specific tests, Total Organic Carbon (TOC) testing is gaining popularity since they are a cost-effective and time-saving test.
Pharmaceutical Cleaning Validation Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The key players are primarily focused on developing cleaning validation products and services for the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry to comply with regulatory standards, enhance product outcomes, and prevent cross-contamination, thereby positively impacting the market growth in the forthcoming years.
Some prominent players in the global pharmaceutical cleaning validation market include
- Lucideon Limited
- Teledyne Tekmar
- SGS SA
- QPharma, Inc
- ProPharma Group
- Merck KGaA
- Intertek Group PLC
- Kymos S.L
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Waters Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Pharmaceutical Cleaning Validation Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]