The global Plant Collagen Market is estimated to be valued at US$6.46 billion in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period (2023-2030), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Plant collagen products are gaining traction in the market due to their natural origins and numerous advantages over traditional collagen sources. With increasing consumer awareness about sustainability and the growing demand for cruelty-free skincare, plant collagen is witnessing high demand.
Plant collagen, derived from botanical sources such as algae, is free from animal products and offers a viable alternative to traditional collagen derived from animal sources. Plant collagen products provide similar benefits to animal-derived collagen, including improved skin elasticity, reduced wrinkles, and enhanced hair and nail health. Moreover, they offer added advantages, such as being suitable for vegans, environmentally friendly, and toxin-free.
Market Key Trends:
One key trend in the Plant Collagen Market is the rising popularity of vegan and cruelty-free skincare products. With the increasing consumer interest in ethical and sustainable labels, brands are incorporating plant collagen into their formulations to cater to this demand. For instance, companies like Geltor and Vegan Collagen Co. are offering plant-based collagen products that resonate with environmentally conscious consumers.
– Threat of New Entrants: Moderate-to-High. The plant collagen market presents lucrative opportunities, attracting new players seeking to capitalize on the growing demand for sustainable skincare solutions.
– Bargaining Power of Buyers: High. Consumers have numerous options to choose from, pushing companies to offer competitive pricing and superior quality products.
– Bargaining Power of Suppliers: Moderate. Suppliers of plant-based ingredients have some bargaining power due to the increasing demand for sustainable ingredients.
– Threat of New Substitutes: Low-to-Moderate. Plant collagen offers unique advantages over animal-derived collagen, making it less prone to substitution.
– Competitive Rivalry: Moderate-to-High. The plant collagen market is experiencing increased competition as more brands enter the space, resulting in a highly competitive landscape.
1. Market Size:
The global Plant Collagen Market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the increasing consumer preference for sustainable and cruelty-free skincare products. As consumers become more conscious of the environmental impact of their choices, plant collagen offers a viable solution.
2. Regional Analysis:
North America is the fastest-growing and dominating region in the plant collagen market. The region has witnessed a surge in demand for natural and sustainable skincare products, leading to the adoption of plant collagen by major cosmetic companies.
3. Key Players:
Key players operating in the global Plant Collagen Market include Geltor, Vital Proteins, Aethic, Vegan Collagen Co., Forestwise, The Beauty Chef, Neocell, Amazing Grass, Sunwarrior, Garden of Life, Sports Research, Youtheory, Organika, Olaplex, and Purisure. These companies are at the forefront of developing innovative plant collagen products and establishing strong distribution networks.
In conclusion, the Plant Collagen Market is witnessing significant growth as consumers increasingly prioritize sustainable and vegan skincare options. With plant collagen offering numerous benefits over traditional collagen sources, brand leaders and new entrants alike are focusing on developing plant-based formulations and capitalizing on this emerging trend. As the market continues to expand, consumers can expect a wider range of plant collagen products catering to their evolving skincare needs.