Project Management Professional certification (PMP) has become increasingly significant in recent years. Your project management career should start by earning the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential. Although obtaining a PMP certification is an ardent procedure, it may open up professional prospects and enhance earning potential.
Passing an exam to become PMP certified is not the only requirement. To demonstrate your expertise to be a PMP, you must have education and experience in project management that are applicable in the real world. To take the PMP certification test, you must adhere to tight prerequisites for certification. Following are the quick criteria for the PMP.
A Brief on PMP Exam
After your application for the PMP certification is accepted, the PMI will send you an email with guidelines and a PMP certification eligibility number so you may schedule your exam either online or in person. To avoid having to reapply and begin the application process all over again, make sure you plan and pass the project management certification online test within a year.
You will get a total of 4 hours for the PMP test. It has over 200 questions comprising 175 multiple-choice questions with scores and 25 pretests without scores. You must effectively answer 137 questions to pass the test. You can arrange for a retest if you don’t pass the exam in your first attempt. Throughout the year, you’ll have up to three attempts to take the PMP test.
The following three domains appear in the PMP exam’s outline:
- Business environment (8%)
- People (42%)
- Process (50%)
Nevertheless, remember that PMP certification expenses extend beyond the test itself. To be eligible to register for the PMP certification test, expect to pay for the necessary training and study materials like project management certification courses. The PMP certification by itself does not demonstrate any expertise or background. Yet it does have at least a basic understanding of project management.
PMP Certification Eligibility Criteria
You need to follow the conditions mentioned below to qualify for Project Management Professional certification:
- Project management experience: Just one of the projects you performed in a month that overlapped can contribute towards your experience criteria. It doesn’t matter if your project management work was unpaid. You should be concerned about having more professional experience. So, it doesn’t count if you have organized a personal event or done school tasks.
- Prerequisites for the PMP certification: For a high school certificate, an associate degree, or the equivalent in another country, five years of separate professional project management experience, as well as 35 hours of formal project management training. 3 years of 35 hours of formal instruction and pro-level project management experience are required for bachelor’s degrees or their equivalents internationally. So, look for the best project management certification training to achieve your goal.
- Amount of project management class hours: Before you apply for the PMP certification, you must take the time to comprehend project management completely. This requirement applies to any training program or seminar that covers the foundational concepts of project management. They effectively provide course completion certificates. Provide details about the schools you attended, the course titles you finished, the number of hours needed to qualify, and the days you were present. Also, you can take the PMP exam with less on-the-job training-related project management experience if you possess a college degree. Many PMP certification requirements are dependent upon your level of schooling.
PMP Certification Exam Application Process
Before beginning the process, candidates should completely comprehend all exam-related information, including project management certification cost, since they cannot cancel their registration and get a refund.
The following are the many phases in the exam application process:
- Apply for a PMI membership after registering.
- Taking the certification training course for PMP to meet the certification requirements.
- Online submission of a PMP application.
- Securing your test.
- Passing the PMP test and receiving the certificate.
Exams for PMP certification are not easy to get like other certifications. Every candidate for the PMP certification must fulfill some standards, as mentioned in this post. A project management training course is the ideal method to enhance your profession if you’re hoping to handle more projects. It could provide online learning alternatives, practical case studies, and teachers with expert backgrounds. It will help you get the information and assurance you need to pass the Project Management Professional certification test and excel in your career.
Read Also :- The Evolution of Project Management Certifications.
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel