Have you had difficulties with the functionality of QuickBooks payroll update? Rest assured; this blog offers comprehensive information that will enable you to acquire valuable insights into this issue. The payroll function is a key component of QB, providing help to organizations in the management of employee money and facilitating the creation of a comprehensive tax profile for everyone. However, if your QuickBooks payroll update not working, you must keep reading this blog for quick solutions.
If you find it difficult to update QuickBooks payroll with the help of instructions in this article, reach our support team at 1.855.738.2784 for quick help
Top Reasons QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Updates Aren’t Working
- The main cause of this problem is a corrupt company file.
- When a user is using a very old version of QuickBooks Desktop, the program is unable to get information about the most recent edition.
- Payroll changes in QuickBooks may not function if incorrect or inaccurate information is supplied for the paycheck.
- A damaged installation file for QuickBooks may prevent a successful update download.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error h303
Quick Solutions to Fix Payroll Update Issues in QuickBooks
Method 1 – Perform a Manual Update for QuickBooks Desktop
QB often has trouble downloading and installing updates due to an internal problem inside the program. The following actions must be taken to do a manual update for the same:
- Navigate away from the company file screen and close the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- To access the Start menu, locate, and click on the Windows symbol positioned in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- To initiate the process, navigate to the search bar and enter the term “QuickBooks Desktop.”
- To begin the process, position your mouse over the QuickBooks Desktop icon. Proceed by executing a right-click and selecting the “Run as Administrator” option.
- At this point, the user should have arrived at the No Company Open window.
- To initiate the process, locate and click on the “Help” icon. From the drop-down menu, pick the option labeled “Update QuickBooks Desktop.”
- Proceed to the Options button and select the Mark All option. Click on the Save button.
- To initiate the update process, tap on the “Update Now” button and proceed by selecting the checkbox adjacent to the option labeled “Reset Update.”
- Lastly, click on the “Get Updates” option and proceed to restart your computer when the update process is finished.
Method 2 – Fix the QB Program by Performing a Clean Install
The QuickBooks Payroll Update Not Working Issue can be resolved by doing a clean installation if the update stops responding to your command. This is how –
- To begin with, it is important to generate a backup of the company files.
- To begin the process, it is necessary first to close the QuickBooks Desktop application. Following this, the user should proceed by selecting the Windows icon.
- To access the Control Panel, enter “Control Panel” in the search box and choose the corresponding option.
- To proceed, navigate to the Programs and Features option inside the current window, and afterward, select the Uninstall a Program option.
- From the list of software applications, identify and choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the “Uninstall/Change” button and select the option to remove QB.
- To finish the procedure, users should follow the instructions provided by the on-screen wizard and wait for some time.
- To proceed, initiate the reinstallation process of QuickBooks Desktop by using the installation file and thereafter restore the backup of your company file.
- Finally, proceed with the downloading and installation of the most recent update for the payroll tax table.
Fixing payroll update issues with QuickBooks Desktop require instant troubleshooting. If the steps in this article have not helped you resolve ‘QuickBooks payroll update not working’ issue, reach us at 1.855.738.2784 for instant help.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks error 1904