QuickBooks leads all of its competitors in the accounting industry because of the convenient bookkeeping services it offers to its users. Even with all the capabilities, it can sometimes fall prey to issues like QuickBooks Error 6000 80 while opening a company file. If you also fail to access your financial data due to this error, go through this blog to find out the circumstances favourable for the error to develop and the practical methods to counter it on your PC.
Get troubleshooting tricks from QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 to rectify the error quickly from your PC.
This is a common issue that interrupts you while working on the financial data stored on a company file. The following conditions cause this error to emerge and stop you from opening a company file-
- The company file format has become unreadable after it gets hit by a virus attack or data corruption on your system.
- The system holding the company file is running in single-user mode.
- Your system is disconnected from the server or external storage drive carrying the company file.
You May Also Read : I Am Getting QuickBooks Error 6130
Your QBDT might freeze or crash when it fails to open a company file stored on a different system. The approaches you can take to counter this QBDT company file error are discussed below-
Solution 1- Ensure the system carrying the company file runs in multi-user mode
This error code mostly comes up in QBDT when you try accessing the company file stored on another computer or an external storage drive. This happens if the file is opened in single-user mode or your system fails to connect with the company file due to a broken path or damaged directory. You must always run QuickBooks in multi-user mode to make the company file accessible to all the systems. If the hosting settings aren’t correct, your QBDT becomes liable to develop numerous 6XXX series errors while opening a company file. Use the following steps-
- Go to the computer carrying your company file and launch QuickBooks on it.
- Move to the File menu and select the Utilities option in the drop-down list.
- Click the Host multi-user access option and restart the computer.
- Wait for the system to reopen and open your company file in multi-user mode.
- Try accessing the company file again on the system that earlier developed this error.
If the data file is still inaccessible, jump to the next solution.
Solution 2- Scan the data file using the File Doctor Tool to diagnose and repair the damage
QuickBooks can also display this error code when it cannot run the company file due to damage or unsupported file format. You can take the help of the File Doctor Tool to make the file usable for the software again. Follow these steps-
- Run the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC and access the Company file issues menu.
- Click the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool option in the drop-down list.
- Hit Browse to specify the company file location and fill in your admin account credentials to run the tool.
This blog brings forward the reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000 80 appearing while accessing a data file. The methods to eliminate the data file issue from your QBDT are also mentioned in the blog, which you can apply to work on your company file without any problems.
Speak to a QB expert at 1-855-856-0042 if you run into issues while using the techniques.
Related Post : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 557