QuickBooks update error 15101 belongs to the 15xxx series error list in QuickBooks. It is also known as the payroll update error, which occurs when you attempt to update payroll. It could arise due to various issues in the QuickBooks which you have no idea about. Some of these issues can be apparent, and you can check them. But others can be hideous and hence not easy to detect. No matter what issue creates the possibility for the QB error 15101, it can be fixed. There are various methods to fix it, which are easy to implement. Read the blog to know the methods in detail.
If you find the troubleshooting process to be complex but don’t want to delay it, dial +1(855)-738-0359 and let us assist you in eliminating the error now
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15101: Possible Causes
Refer to these common issues in your QuickBooks that are leading you to QuickBooks payroll Update Error 15101.
- If you are still using the obsolete version of QuickBooks, you will likely get a payroll error.
- The system’s Internet security is not allowing QuickBooks through.
- Internet Explorer is set to a high level of Internet security level.
- If you have a stuck paycheck in the payroll, it may also trigger a payroll error. Clear it first and then reattempt the updates.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Message 15101 Quickly
Using any of the methods below, you can rectify the error 15101. You can choose to use more than one if need be.
Troubleshooting 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
You must pay attention to the latest updates of QuickBooks. It enhances you with the latest features and improved functions.
- First, sign in as the administrator in QuickBooks.
- Right the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Now click on ‘Run as an administrator.’
- Feed the admin credentials now to log in.
- When the QuickBooks desktop window opens, click on the Help Tab.
- Proceed by clicking Update QuickBooks Desktop>Update Now>Get Updates.
After QuickBooks is updated, you can go for payroll updates.
Troubleshooting 2: Remove QuickBooks from List of Blocked applications
Windows firewall has detected it as a threat to the system and hence blocked it.
- Control panel
- Windows Defender
- Remove QuickBooks from the blacked applications list.
Now QuickBooks won’t be hindered by Windows firewall anymore. Reopen it and go for the Updation of QuickBooks again.
Recommended To Read : Learn How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 with Its Possible Causes
Troubleshooting 3: Verify the Internet Settings of Internet Explorer
If the browser is causing the issue in the update process, it can be checked and modified using the below steps. Also, ensure Internet Explorer is set to the default browser, as QB uses it to access the internet.
- Go to the tools tab in the Internet Explorer.
- Now click on Internet options>Security tab.
- Set the security level to medium-high.
Now open QuickBooks and attempt to download the updates for payroll. In addition to this, look out for a stuck paycheck. If you find a stuck paycheck, click Employee>My payroll service> Send payroll data. Reattempt the payroll updates in QuickBooks if the payroll was successfully sent.
To Sum up
Have you tried the above methods, but the QuickBooks error 15101 persists when you open QuickBooks? Then you need further help dealing with it, which requires the experts to detect the issues. Connect with our QuickBooks support just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.
Read Also : What to do in QuickBooks update error 15212