The multi-user hosting mode in QB can be used to run the company files and perform various functions on different workstations simultaneously. When there are issues with the hosting mode, it can lead to the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. The error can get triggered due to some common reasons, like incorrect Windows file permissions. If you are encountering QuickBooks won’t open in multi-user mode error, you can follow the effective steps given below to tackle the issue.
If you are unable to follow the detailed solutions given below and the steps seem too technical, you can reach out to our QB support team at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct assistance with the error.
Main Causes & Possible Factors Leading to the QuickBooks Keeps Opening in Single-User Mode Error
If you are unable to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode, the following common reasons & primary scenarios might be responsible –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not correctly installed on the server PC, and the hosting configuration on the main PC might be incorrectly set.
- Essential services, like the database or monitor service, might not be running correctly, and these services might be inactive, unresponsive, or missing from the server computer.
- The DNS settings of the host PC might be incorrect or invalid, and security policies might be incorrectly set to host QuickBooks.
- Windows firewall or an anti-virus app might cause obstructions, which can prevent users from running the app in a multi-user mode.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Easy Steps to Terminate QuickBooks Multi-User Not Syncing Error
If your QuickBooks won’t switch to multi-user mode, you can use the effective solutions given below to address the issue –
Solution 1 – Modify the Network & Sharing Center by Running the CMD Command from the Start Tab
You can resolve the cannot switch to multi-user mode error by editing the network sharing options in the following manner –
- From the Windows Start menu, search for Network and hit the Network and Sharing Center to click on Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Select the Turn On Network Discovery option and click on File and Printer Sharing to note down the hostname, followed by going to the Run window.
- Run the CMD command, and on the command prompt box, type ipconfig/all, followed by typing ping (server name) and checking the status of the packets.
Solution 2 – Edit the Firewall Settings from the Control Panel of the Start Tab
You can fix the firewall blockage by modifying the Windows firewall settings of the control panel.
- Access the Control Panel of the Start menu to search for Windows Firewall and hit the Allow an App option.
- Hit the Change Settings option to checkmark the Public List box and click on Public to rerun QuickBooks in a multi-user mode.
If your QuickBooks multi-user mode not working, you can use the troubleshooting steps given above to easily resolve the issues. In case the error message remains unresolved and the hosting issues persist, you can call our team of QB experts at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1712