The global Tumor Ablation Market size is expected to cross USD 2,459.74 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 11.81% during the forecast period 2022-2030. Tumor ablation is a technique that is minimally invasive and commonly used for treating tumors in the lung, bone, kidney and liver. During this process, thermal energy is utilized to cool or heat tissues to cytotoxic levels. Under its classification, there are various modalities used worldwide: irreversible electroporation, cryoablation, high-intensity focused ultrasound, laser, microwave and radiofrequency. Every technique though similar in purpose possess optimal and specific indications. Tumor ablation is a vital choice for those who have failed radiotherapy or chemotherapy or is not a candidate for surgery. It is also considered as the potential first-line treatment especially in patients with benign tumors in the liver or small hepatocellular carcinomas. This is a convenient and excellent treatment choice over the other conventional surgical methods.
There are several factors that is propelling the growth of the Tumor Ablation Market. These factors according to MRFR (Market Research Future) report include rapid adoption of novel form of treatment for fighting cancer, growing public awareness programs for detecting cancer at the initial stage, funds offered by the government for cancer research, extensive use of minimally invasive methods due to its myriad benefits such as minimal complications, less trauma and speedy recovery, rising per capita income and various technological advancements such as HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound), irreversible electroporation, laser ablation and thermal ablation. On the contrary, factors such as exorbitant price of tumor ablation methods, constraint subsidy scenarios, dearth of experts and strict regulations for product approval may restrain the growth of the tumor ablation market.
Leading players profiled in the tumor ablation market include
Covidien PL, Misonix Inc., Galil Medical, Inc, Biotronik, Boston Scientific Corporation, Neuwave Medical, Inc., Healthtronics Inc., AngioDynamics Inc., EDAP TMS, Medtronic Plc., and SonaCare Medical.
Market Research Future report offers a comprehensive segmental analysis of the cancer tumor profiling on the basis of technology, treatment, application and end-user.
- Based on technology, it is segmented into cryoablation, irreversible electroporation, microwave, radiofrequency and others. Of these, radiofrequency will dominate the tumor ablation market during the forecast period. Prominent use of this technology to remove solid tumor and its specificity has resulted to its growth. Also, this method’s efficiency is expected to spur the segment growth. This will be followed by microwave ablation technology that is projected to have a remunerative growth due to the advantages provided by this technology namely optimal heating of cystic mass, reduced procedural pain, lesser time, constancy in high temperature and bigger tumor ablation volume.
- Based on treatment, the tumor ablation market is segmented into laparoscopic, percutaneous and surgical. Of these, surgical will dominate the market during the forecast period owing to rising prevalence of breast and liver cancer that needs open surgical techniques. This will be followed by the percutaneous ablation that is projected to grow at the fastest pace.
- Based on application, it is segmented into prostate cancer, bone cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer and others. Of these, liver cancer will have the largest share in the market owing to rising cases of both bile duct as well as primary liver cancers. Of these, lung cancer will lead the market during the forecast period owing to rising cases of the disease.
- Based on end-user, the tumor ablation market is segmented into research institute, surgical and ablation centers and hospitals. Of these, hospitals will dominate the market due to increasing practices to visit the hospital for well-being along with the availability of various facilities in hospitals.
By region, the tumor ablation market covers growth opportunities and latest trends across Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa. Of these, Americas will remain head and shoulders over other regions in the market. The growth can be attributed to factors such as increasing incidences of cancer amid rising elderly population, use of advanced healthcare facilities, favorable reimbursement policies, and increasing awareness regarding cancer detection as well as treatment. The tumor ablation market in Europe will grab the second position owing to rising prevalence of cancer coupled with increasing healthcare expenditure. The tumor ablation market in the APAC region will grow at the fastest pace due to high demand for advanced healthcare technologies, constantly growing investment in healthcare and rising geriatric population. On the other hand, the tumor ablation market in the Middle East and Africa will have a minimal share owing to poor medical facilities, dearth of technical knowledge and underdeveloped healthcare sector.
March 2019- CLS (Clinical Laserthermia Systems AB) stated that both clinical studies as well as outcomes of the imILT cancer immunotherapy that is heat induced for tumors will be highlighted at ECIO (European Conference on Interventional Oncology) at Netherlands on April 8-11, 2019. CLS will also take part on a hands-on, educational workshop for “tumor ablation” highlighting its TRANSBERG thermal therapy system for high-precision, image-guided laser ablation.
- Drug Device Combination Market Research Report – Global Forecast till 2027
- Corporate Wellness Market Research Report – Global Forecast till 2027
Market Research Future (MRFR) enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor, New York,
New York 10013