U.S. Chalk Reel And Line Industry Overview
The U.S. chalk reel and line market size are expected to reach USD 36.2 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.1% from 2021 to 2028. An increasing number of construction activities and infrastructural projects in the U.S. is expected to drive the growth of the chalk reel and line market in the country.
U.S. Chalk Reel And Line Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. chalk reel and line market based on line structure, line material, and distribution channel:
Based on the Line Structure Insights, the market is segmented into Braided, Twisted.
- The twisted line structure segment led the market and accounted for more than 66.2% share of the global revenue in 2020. The growing use of twisted structure lines in industries such as constructions, masonry, carpentry, and metallurgy, owing to various important properties, such as high strength, elasticity, and less cost is anticipated to fuel the market growth.
- The demand for low-cost and high-strength twisted structure lines is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to rapid investments toward infrastructural development in the U.S., such as the development of highways, airstrips, and amusement parks.
- Braided structure lines are widely used in the construction sector for various finishing applications such as plastering, tile lining, and others, as it offers clear and crisp lines, for high accuracy levels.
- The usage of braided lines is comparatively lesser as compared to twisted lines owing to the high cost and less stretchability of the former. However, the demand for braided lines is expected to rise over the forecast period, owing to high investments by builders and metallurgy companies toward achieving high precision levels.
Based on the Line Material Insights, the market is segmented into Cotton, Synthetic.
- The synthetic line material segment led the market and accounted for more than 84% share of the global revenue in 2020. Synthetic materials show properties such as high elasticity, water resistance, and high elastic recovery, to make accurate and straight lines.
- Synthetic materials such as polyester and nylon are used for making chalk lines. These strings made up of synthetic materials offer advantages such as less wastage of chalk, high strength, and durability as compared to cotton strings.
- Synthetic material strings exhibit properties such as high-speed moisture absorption, high elasticity, high impact resistance, and good elastic recovery. As a result, a synthetic material string is widely used in applications that require good elongation, strength, and elasticity.
- Cotton chalk lines are primarily used for small-level applications such as cutting woods at local carpentry shops and making brick linings in the construction industry. The usage of cotton lines is less, owing to less elasticity and strength of the material.
Based on the Distribution Channel Insights, the market is segmented into E-commerce, Retail Shops.
- The retail shop segment led the market and accounted for more than 79% of the global revenue share in 2020. The presence of retail shops at multiple locations allows easy accessibility and availability of goods. In addition, buying equipment in bulk quantity is easier, thus benefiting the growth of this distribution channel segment.
- The waiting time for availability and delivery of technical equipment is much lesser in retail shops as compared to that on e-commerce platforms. In addition, retail shops offer services such as maintenance and training in collaboration with chalk reel & line equipment manufacturers to buyers from industries such as construction, carpentry, and metallurgy.
- The growth of thee-commerce distribution channel segment is expected to be driven by the increasing preference for online shopping by customers. E-commerce platforms help the manufacturers and sellers reach a wider customer base in different parts of the country, unlike in retail stores, where customer reach is limited.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The chalk reel and line market in the U.S. are competitive owing to the presence of several multinational companies as well as local players. Major players are investing in research and development and are focused on introducing new products in the market to enhance customer productivity, thereby attaining business growth in the market.
Some prominent players in the U.S. chalk reel and line market include
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Irwin Tools
- Apex Tool Group, LLC.
- Tajima Tool Corp.
- CE Tools
- C.H. Hanson Company
- Milwaukee Tool
- U.S. Tape
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Chalk Reel And Line Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]