U.S. Medical Carts Industry Overview
The U.S. medical carts market size is anticipated to reach USD 1.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.8% from 2021 to 2028. The rapid increase in the volume of hospitals and urgent care centers and growing hospitals admissions along with the increasing incidence of musculoskeletal injuries among caregivers are expected to boost the adoption of medical carts significantly over the forecast period.
U.S. Medical Carts Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. medical carts market on the basis of product, type, and end use:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Mobile Computing Carts, By Energy Source, Wall Mounted Workstations, Medication Carts, Medical Storage Columns, Cabinets, & Accessories, Others.
- In 2020, the mobile computing carts segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 60.6%. These carts are most commonly used by point-of-care facilities owing to associated benefits such as portability, requiring less space, and offering one-stop solutions for every clinical need of caregivers. This segment is anticipated to maintain its position during the forecast period.
- This equipment facilitates the transfer of video conferencing tools to a patient’s bedside, which allows physicians to conduct examination remotely in case of unavailability of specialists at hospitals.
- Whereas, the medication carts segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 12.6% from 2021 to 2028. Some of the advanced features offered by these carts include lock systems such as automatic relocking with keyless entry, keyless narcotic storage, cart user audit, and magstripe card access.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Anesthesia Carts, Emergency Carts, Procedure Carts, Others.
- In 2020, the emergency carts segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 41.6%. This can be attributed to its higher usage in emergency care units. As the risk of infectious diseases is high in emergency care units, demand for these products is expected to increase in the coming years.
- These products help in controlling infection in intensive care units as they are anticorrosive and durable for a medical emergency. These carts are equipped with medical devices or drugs used in case of an emergency, such as cardiac arrest.
- Whereas, the procedure carts segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 12.1% from 2021 to 2028. The segment is expected to gain popularity in the coming years due to its consistent usage in many healthcare settings. These products are very helpful in operating procedures, such as cardiology and endoscopy, as well as provide access to essential therapeutics.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Physicians’ Offices/ Clinics/ Office Based Labs (OBL), Skilled Nursing Facilities, Others.
- In 2020, the hospitals segment dominated the U.S. medical carts market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 36.9%. Hospitals are the largest end-users of clinical workstations. Their adoption is driven by technological advancements in medical mobile workstations.
- These advancements include the advent of adjustable, secure, and efficient systems for medication delivery. An increase in focus toward patient engagement and promotion of electronic health record incentives programs in hospitals encourage patient involvement and can be attributed to the growing share of this segment.
- However, the physicians’ offices/ clinics/ office-based labs segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period. This can be attributed to an increase in awareness and demand for one-stop solutions that require less space & can be used for all medical requirements, as these carts include medicine, medical equipment, computer, and storage cabinets and are mobile.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The key market players are focusing on the launch of innovative types of medical devices, growth strategies, and technological advancements.
Some prominent players in the U.S. medical carts market include
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Ergotron, Inc.
- The Harloff Company
- Waterloo Healthcare (Bergmann Group)
- AFC Industries, Inc.
- Capsa Healthcare
- Enovate Medical
- Jaco, Inc.
- Altus, Inc.
- Armstrong Medical, Inc.
- TouchPoint Medical
- Humanscale Healthcare
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Medical Carts Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]