U.S. Pharmaceutical Isolators Industry Overview
The U.S. pharmaceutical isolators market size is expected to reach USD 205.2 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.8% from 2020 to 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rapid growth of the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. and advancements in technologies used in the industry are anticipated to have a positive impact on market growth.
U.S. Pharmaceutical Isolators Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. pharmaceutical isolators market on the basis of type and pressure:
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Open Isolator, Closed Isolator.
- The open pharmaceutical isolator led the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 61.5% in 2020. Open isolators are different from closed isolators as they are designed for continuous or semi-continuous egress and/or ingress of materials during operation through one or more openings while maintaining a protective internal environment.
- Open isolators have openings to the surrounding environment that are cautiously engineered to separate the inner isolator environment from the surrounding room. The equipment is utilized for the aseptic filling of pharmaceutical products. For maintenance operations on this isolator type, products do not necessarily have to be sterile.
- The demand for closed isolators is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period. The equipment can operate without personnel access to the critical zone, making them capable of levels of separation between the external and internal environment unattainable with other technologies.
- Closed isolator systems eliminate external contamination from the system’s interior by undertaking material transfer through auxiliary equipment to aseptic connection, rather than the usage of openings to the surrounding environment.
Based on the Pressure Insights, the market is segmented into Positive Pressure, Negative Pressure.
- The positive pressure segment led the U.S. pharmaceutical isolators market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 53.9% in 2020. Positive pressure isolators protect the process while negative pressure isolators protect the person. In positive pressure, the pressure inside the containment system is larger than that outside.
- Positive pressure systems are utilized in the pharmaceutical industry to maintain process integrity. In the pharmaceutical industry, these systems are utilized in sterile processes when the process is of particular significance, and keeping any contaminants or germs out of the isolator is a priority.
- The negative pressure segment is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period. Negative pressure pharmaceutical isolators are utilized to protect the environment and the operator from a wide range of active ingredients, volatile drugs, and hazardous molecules.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Prefilled Syringes Market – The global prefilled syringes market size was valued at USD 18.43 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.95% from 2022 to 2030. Growing demand for efficient and easy-to-use drug delivery devices and increasing efforts of healthcare professionals to reduce hospital errors are the principal factors driving the market growth.
- Biosimilars Market – The global biosimilars market size was valued at USD 4.36 billion in 2019. It is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 34.2% during the forecast period. The cost-effectiveness of biosimilar drugs and the high prevalence of chronic disorders globally are some major factors contributing to market growth.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The competitive environment in the market is driven by innovations in technology for the use of isolators. Companies operating in the market are investing heavily in R&D as well as developing instruments to optimize production and improve the efficiency of bio-decontamination systems.
Some prominent players in the U.S. pharmaceutical isolators market include
- COMECER S.p.A.
- LAF Technologies
- Iso Tech Design
- Getinge AB
- SKAN AG
- M. BRAUN INERTGAS-SYSTEME GMBH
- I.M.A. SpA
- AZBIL TELSTAR, S.L.U.
- Syntegon Technologies GmbH
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Pharmaceutical Isolators Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel