U.S. Restricted Access Barrier System Industry Overview
The U.S. restricted access barrier system market size is expected to reach USD 249.4 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2020 to 2028. The market is primarily driven by the growth of the biotechnology industry in the U.S. due to technological advancements, an increasing number of small-scale biopharma companies, and rising investments in research.
U.S. Restricted Access Barrier System Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. restricted access barrier system market on the basis of application:
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Pharmaceutical, Chemical Manufacturing, Medical, Others.
- The pharmaceutical segment led the market and accounted for 64.5% share in 2020. Most pharmacies prefer RABS over isolators as they are faster in the changeover process. RABS air handling is easier as compared to isolators as they use recycled and re-circulated air. The aforementioned factors are expected to boost the market growth in the U.S.
- The medical application segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period owing to its ability to provide septic safety in the critical zone and flexibility for interventions. In addition, efficiency and low capital investment compared to cleanrooms and isolators are anticipated to propel the demand for RABS over the forecast period.
- Maintaining aseptic conditions in the chemical industry is significant in order to avoid contamination of the product. The RABS setup provides dynamic airflow protection and physical barrier.
- A restricted access barrier system is used in the electrical as well as cosmetic and personal care industries. Manufacturers of cosmetics and personal care products in the U.S. are focusing on using high-quality raw materials as well as consumer safety, resulting in boosting the demand for sterile conditions using RABS in the filling and packaging of the products.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The competitive environment in the market is driven by innovation in technology used in restricted access barrier systems. Companies operating in the market are investing significantly in R&D to reduce decontamination cycle time and promote better air handling.
Some prominent players in the U.S. restricted access barrier system market include
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.P.A.
- Germfree Laboratories, Inc.
- Extract Technology
- AZBIL TELSTAR, S.L.U.
- Syntegon Technologies GmbH
- Isolation Systems Inc.
- Shanghai Tofflon Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Ortner Reinraumtechnik GmbH
- COMECER S.p.A.
- SKAN AG
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Restricted Access Barrier System Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]