Unit Dose Manufacturing Industry Overview
The global unit dose manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 61.5 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.2% from 2021 to 2028. In the first half of 2020, the growth of the market was stagnant, but the market started to recover by the end of 2020. It was mainly due to the use of unit doses for the treatment of COVID-19 as it decreases the risk involved while handling and pouring doses from the same bottle.
Unit Dose Manufacturing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global unit dose manufacturing market based on sourcing, product, end-use, and region:
Based on the Sourcing Insights, the market is segmented into In-house, Outsourcing.
- The outsourcing segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 55.0% in 2020. The market is estimated to become 3.55 times of itself by 2028. This segment is also expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecasted period.
- Pharmaceutical companies that manufacture unit dosages are included in the in-house segment. The in-house segment is projected to exhibit gradual growth over the forecasted period due to increasing outsourcing activity.
- The main reasons are that medium-sized pharmaceutical businesses lack the money and infrastructure to support their business. Also, for new businesses, it is difficult to acquire experienced and competent full-time staff. Hence, in these cases, outsourcing is preferred.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Liquid Unit Dose, Solid Unit Dose, Others.
- The solid unit dose segment dominated the market and accounted for over 45.0% share of the global revenue in 2020. This growth is due to the formulations having a better shelf life. Besides, they are cost-effective, efficient, and simple to use. The solid dose is well understood, and it is accepted globally.
- The solid unit dose is expected to witness rapid expansion in the coming years. This is due to fixed-dose combinations, controlled-release dosage forms, and reformulations of existing drugs, which are some of the factors that are driving the contract manufacturing of solid dosage formulations.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Independent Pharmacies, Long Term Care Facility, Hospitals, Others.
- The independent pharmacies segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 30.0% in 2020. It is estimated to become 4.01 times of itself by 2028. The segment is also anticipated to register the fastest growth rate over the forecast period.
- The hospitals segment accounted for the second-largest revenue share in 2020. Unit dose packaging is extremely beneficial in hospitals. In hospitals and long-term care institutions, small improvements make it safer and more efficient for patients and health personnel.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market – The global active pharmaceutical ingredients market size was valued at USD 222.4 billion in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.90% from 2023 to 2030. The growth can be attributed to the advancements in active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturing and the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market – The global pharmaceutical manufacturing market size was valued at USD 405.52 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.34% from 2021 to 2028. The pharmaceutical landscape has undergone a massive transformation with the emergence of new technologies, cost-effective, and more efficient manufacturing approaches.
Unit Dose Manufacturing Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The key players apply many strategies such as the launch of new products and their upgradation, collaborations, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions to strengthen their presence in the market.
Some prominent players in the global unit dose manufacturing market include
- Catalent Inc.
- Patheon (Thermo fisher)
- Renaissance Lakewood, LLC
- Medical packaging, Inc.
- American Health Packaging
Order a free sample PDF of the Unit Dose Manufacturing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]