The airline’s cancellation policy must be read before flying with them. Sometimes flight cancellations or postponements occur. In all of these scenarios, passengers face concerns. To address their concerns, airlines provide cancellation policies.
To take the correct steps, a passenger must know the cancellation policy.
Customers who cancel in time can claim a JetBlue cancellation refund if they follow JetBlue’s Cancellation Policy. If your flight is delayed or cancelled, you can also request compensation. You can only get that when you understand JetBlue Airlines’ cancellation policy. So let’s go over every point in it.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy: What Is It?
In JetBlue, cancellations are divided into two categories. In one case, the traveller cancels the flight, while in the other, the airline cancels the flight itself. In both cases, situations differ according to the fare option purchased by the traveller. The airline allows travellers to cancel their tickets within 24 hours of the reservation. After 24 hours, however, they must pay a penalty.
Here are the main rules of JetBlue’s cancellation policy.
- There are no cancellation charges if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking.
- After 24 hours of booking, cancellation charges will apply.
- If the flight is delayed by the airline, JetBlue will not charge the cancellation fee.
- In the event of a cancellation, Blue Basic tickets are not subject to the 24-hour cancellation policy, and there will be no refund.
- According to airline policies, you can save $25 if you cancel your booking online.
- Blue Extra fares do not charge cancellation fees, and the full booking amount is refunded in the event of a cancellation.
- In the event of a delay or cancellation, you may be entitled to compensation, regardless of whether your booking is refundable or non-refundable.
- JetBlue’s policies allow $75 for cancelled waiting list tickets.
If you wish to claim a refund under the 24-hour cancellation policy, you must cancel at least one week before departure.
In order to ensure passengers are informed about cancellation fees, refund eligibility, and compensation options, JetBlue Airlines’ cancellation policy must be understood and followed. In order to avoid cancellation charges and make informed decisions, review the terms and conditions associated with your ticket.
Rules for cancelling JetBlue Airlines tickets
When cancelling a flight with JetBlue, a passenger can get a valid refund easily and without hassle. However, a passenger needs to know the JetBlue cancellation Policy rules before cancelling.
In consideration of JetBlue’s cancellation policy, here are some key points:
- The basic ticket for JetBlue Airlines is non-refundable and is subject to a cancellation fee of $200 per person within Mexico, the USA, the Caribbean, or Central America.
- When requesting a cancellation over the phone, a passenger will be charged a non-refundable $25 fee.
- A JetBlue cancellation refund amount will be credited as a travel credit if the non-refundable ticket was purchased with a JetBlue credit card.
- Refunds on non-refundable tickets will be deposited into JetBlue Travel Bank account. The travel credit deposit can be redeemed for a new flight ticket according to JetBlue Airlines cancellation policy.
- A Mosaic reward member who cancels a non-refundable fare will be charged a cancellation fee and receive a refund in travel credit. According to the cancellation policy, any charges for the same-day cancellation of all fares will be waived for Mosaic members.
- A customer who cancels the ticket before the scheduled departure will receive a full refund, but JetBlue’s cancellation fee will apply. In the event that the ticket is not cancelled before it is scheduled to leave, the passenger will not be eligible for a refund. However, the reservation value will be converted to travel credit.
- Government and military fares are eligible for refunds on the unused portion of the ticket regardless of the fare type. Cancellation fees may apply.
- It will not be possible to refund the entire ticket value in the case of a no-show.
The 24-hour cancellation policy of JetBlue
In the event that your ticket was booked at least 7 days before your departure date, you can cancel it within 24 hours of booking without incurring any cancellation fees. All JetBlue tickets, including nonrefundable tickets, are subject to JetBlue Vacations’ 24-hour cancellation policy.
JetBlue.com offers 24-hour cancellations, as well as the ability to cancel by phone.
JetBlue Non-Refundable Ticket Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation of a nonrefundable ticket results in JetBlue Travel Credits that can be used in the future.
- All payments, including optional purchases, will be forfeited if not canceled before departure.
The JetBlue refund policy for refundable tickets
- A refundable ticket is more expensive, but it offers added flexibility. JetBlue’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel any refundable ticket and receive a full refund.
- As long as you don’t cancel a refundable flight segment before departure, the money paid will be issued to you as a JetBlue Travel Credit.
Cancellation policy for JetBlue award tickets
The following conditions must be met if you cancel a flight ticket purchased with TrueBlue points:
- It is only possible to cancel untravelled segments of a flight.
- It is not possible to cancel a single leg of a round trip.
Cancellation policy for JetBlue Mosaic
Exceptions to JetBlue’s cancellation policy allow Mosaic status members (except Blue Mosaic) to cancel even non-refundable tickets for no charge in advance of departure. A mosaic status can be achieved by flying 30 flight segments and earning 12k flight points within a calendar year or by earning 15k flight points within a calendar year.
Members with Blue Mosaic status who cancel non-refundable fares prior to departure forfeit the entire fare (excluding Extras).
The cancellation policies for different types of fares
- The type of JetBlue fare you purchased determines whether you’ll be charged a cancellation fee or change fee.
- When passengers cancel before their scheduled departure, all fare types other than Blue Basic can be canceled without any cancellation fees. Passengers pay the fare difference when rebooking.
- If you wish to change or cancel your Blue Basic fare booking, the following fees will apply:
- North America, Central America, and the Caribbean – $100.
- All other destinations are $200.
What JetBlue Airlines’ refund policy is
Refunds are offered by JetBlue Airlines in two forms: refundable and non-refundable.
Refundable Fares: There are no charges or restrictions on changing or canceling your booking with this fare type. If you decide to cancel before the scheduled departure of the flight, you will receive a full refund of your booking amount. You can use the refund within one year of receiving it as an e-Credit.
Non-refundable fare: It is possible to cancel your booking after 24 hours of making it if you have a non-refundable fare. However, if you qualify for a refund based on the specific fare rules, you can claim it and utilize it within one year of receiving it.
Cancellation Policy For JetBlue Fare Classes
Since JetBlue made its cancellation policy more user-friendly, they are now one of the main air carriers in the market. The JetBlue cancellation process and fee differ depending on your fare class.
JetBlue’s cancellation policy for Blue Basic Economy fares
JetBlue’s basic fare category is the Blue Basic fare. On this ticket, most amenities, such as flight changes and cancellations, are prohibited or will be charged an additional fee. JetBlue charges even the service costs for cancellations of JetBlue blue basic tickets, which are non-refundable by nature.
Cancellation policy for JetBlue’s Blue and Blue Plus fares
JetBlue’s blue fare cancellation charges and Blue Plus fare cancellation charges are as follows.
- For fares over $200, cancellation charges are $200.
- A $150 cancellation fee will apply to all fares between $150 and $199.
- From $100 to $149, there is a $100 cancellation fee.
- There is a $75 cancellation charge for fares under $100.
Cancellation policy for JetBlue Extra Fares
In comparison to other JetBlue fare classes, the Blue Extra fare gives passengers the greatest flexibility when cancelling their flights. Blue Extra is JetBlue Airlines’ most expensive fare type, but it comes with comfortable features as well. Customers who travel with Blue Extra fare don’t have to pay JetBlue cancel flight charges. These are refundable tickets. In other words, you will receive a full refund if you cancel your flight.
Understanding JetBlue’s cancellation policy for award tickets
Mosaic members and regular passengers with Award Tickets on JetBlue are subject to the same cancellation rules. Here’s what you need to know:
Non-refundable Award Tickets:
- A non-refundable award ticket requires a cancellation fee, and you will receive a partial refund if you cancel it. In addition to providing information about your ticket type and cancellation process, JetBlue representatives can also provide specific details of the fee and refund amount.
- Refundable Award Tickets:
- If you cancel your refundable award ticket, you do not incur any fees and you are entitled to a full refund. This means that you can cancel your ticket without incurring any additional costs or penalties.
It is advised that you contact a JetBlue representative for detailed information and specific questions regarding your award ticket cancellation. Their knowledgeable staff can provide you with valuable insight and guidance.
What is the process for cancelling a JetBlue Airlines flight ticket?
It is common for travellers to be confused about the cancellation process and do not know how to go about requesting a cancellation. To guide them, we have outlined all the necessary methods and steps below:
Method 1 – JetBlue Flight Cancellation Online
The JetBlue official website allows passengers to cancel tickets online. It’s an easy process. Just follow these steps one by one:
- Go to JetBlue’s official website and click “Manage Booking.”.
- To access the booking, enter the six-digit confirmation number and the passenger’s last name.
- Tap the cancel button after selecting the flight itinerary.
- If you wish to cancel the booking, select the “Confirmation” button.
- After the process ends, the passenger will receive a confirmation email.
- The customer will receive a JetBlue cancellation refund as a travel credit or in the original form of payment.
Method 2 – JetBlue Flight Cancellation Offline
JetBlue cancellation policy allows customers to cancel flight tickets offline by calling the airline. Passengers can contact the airline at +1-800-538-2583 for various purposes. One of them is rescheduling a ticket. Following are the steps to follow after you connect with the airline:
- When you connect to JetBlue Airlines, ensure you have the booking reference number.
- The executive should be informed that you wish to cancel the ticket.
- Make sure the refund amount has been generated from the ticket booking.
- In order to cancel your flight, you will need to follow a few steps.
- Provide all necessary booking details to the representative.
- Upon following the on-call instructions, find out if you will have to pay a cancellation fee.
Military and government cancellation policy for JetBlue Airways
Military personnel and government officials may have to cancel their flights due to unique circumstances. To accommodate those individuals, JetBlue has specific provisions in its cancellation policy. Here’s what you need to know:
- Exemption from fees: In the event that you need to cancel your JetBlue flight due to a military order or government policy, JetBlue will exempt you from any cancellation fees.
- Fare Differences and Flight Changes: There may be fare differences when flight changes are necessary, depending on the availability of the desired fare. While the fee has been waived, fare differences may still apply.
- Refundable Fares:
- In the event you hold a fully refundable fare for your JetBlue flight, you are eligible to receive a refund according to the fare rules. The refund will be credited to the original form of payment.
- Non-refundable fare: When a flight is not refundable, JetBlue offers a future flight credit for the full amount. JetBlue’s cancellation policy states that you can still request a refund against these credits if desired, according to its cancellation policy.
Please contact JetBlue directly if you need to cancel your JetBlue flight as a military or government official. In addition to providing detailed information, their customer service representatives will guide you through the process and address any questions or concerns you may have.
JetBlue Travel Credits: How Do They Work?
JetBlue Airlines frequent flyers receive a travel bank, which they can manage and access online.
JetBlue Travel Credit – Where to Use It
- You can use JetBlue travel credits on JetBlue flights booked directly on JetBlue’s website.
- Change fees for Blue Basic fares and any increase in airfare after a reservation is changed.
JetBlue Travel Credit – Where Not to Use It
- Checked baggage fees, same-day flight changes, advance seat selection for Blue Basic, and other fees are not covered by your travel credits.
- Travel credit bookings on partner airlines are not permitted.
- In addition to jetblue.com and JetBlue’s app, you cannot use JetBlue travel credits anywhere else online.
How Long Are JetBlue Travel Credits Are Valid?
Since the pandemic hit, JetBlue was one of the first airlines to waive all flight changes and cancellation fees. Now, as the airline industry continues to recover, some 2020 rules have changed.
If a passenger cancels their flight, JetBlue will provide them with a credit towards a future flight. The JetBlue flight credit, however, is only valid for one year from the date of booking.
Cancellation fee for JetBlue Airlines
In order to revoke a flight ticket, the passenger must pay a cancellation fee. If the cancellation request is made over the phone, the passenger pays a non-refundable amount of $25. If the cancellation request is made online, you can save this amount.
The following cancellation fees will apply to bookings made after January 2021:
|Blue Basic Fare||Cancellation fee within the USA, Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico (USD)||Cancellation fee for other International routes (USD)|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||100||200|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||75||150|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||150||200|
There are many additional policies you should be aware of after becoming familiar with JetBlue Airlines flight revocation rules. For example, if you made a mistake with your name, JetBlue name change policy allows you to modify your ticket and obtain a new one. This will prevent you from experiencing unnecessary flight cancellation difficulties.