The beauty industry has undergone immense revolution, and now altering a person’s overall appearance has become a very easy task. People are currently giving great importance to their facial features, and they are even ready to undergo surgical procedures in order to achieve the desired look. So, a lot of people might wonder what microblading is, as well as how long does microblading last. This can be considered as a very intricate procedure which helps the clients to enhance the appearance of their eyebrows as per their individual preferences. You will be able to get the microblading service from a number of experts. But, always make sure that you are choosing an expert who is extremely professional, as well as experienced in this sector. This treatment is quite costly, and hence, always make sure that you are making wise choices which you will not repent later. In addition to that, it is highly advisable that you go through the vital details regarding this procedure ahead of your microblading appointment. This will help you to prepare mentally, as well as physically. The healing process is also quite important, and you must follow proper aftercare regimen to get the desired results.
Know what microblading is…
Before discussing how long does microblading last, let’s take a look at this treatment in detail.
- When it comes to eyebrow enhancement, microblading can be considered as a very famous treatment. It is extremely popular among people all over the world. More and more people are coming forward to avail this eyebrow enhancement treatment on a regular basis.
- With the help of microblading treatment, you can bring about immense modification to your eyebrows. This treatment will help you to maximize the eyebrow volume, modify the arches, camouflage the bald, or sparse patches, etc.
- In addition to that, you will also be able to create the entire eyebrow from scratch. This is done in the case of people who are suffering from alopecia, or other health conditions that make them lose hair.
- Microblading can definitely be considered as a type of eyebrow tattoo which helps the clients to achieve the desired eyebrow shape, and volume. In this case, the microblading experts will enhance the look of the client’s natural brows. This is achieved by drawing some additional hair.
- In order to create the perfect hair-like strokes, the microblading experts use a multi-needle microblading tool. With the help of this tool, you will be able to make extremely thin incisions on the skin surface. Thereafter, these incisions are filled with certain natural pigments.
- The end results look very natural, and you will not be able to distinguish it from the normal eyebrows. In addition to that, this treatment is waterproof, as well as sweat-resistant. Thus, you do not have to worry that the microblading treatment will go away when you remove your makeup.
Find out how long does microblading last
Now, microblading is a semi-permanent makeup treatment which lasts for quite a long period of time. In fact, one of the primary reasons for the immense popularity of this technique is its long lasting nature.
- According to a number of microblading experts, this treatment will last for a time period of about 12 to 18 months. This is quite a long time, and it indicates why this eyebrow enhancement process is so popular among today’s generation.
- During this time period, the clients do not have to opt for any additional touch up sessions. This will help in avoiding unnecessary visits to the microblading treatment center.
- You have to monitor your eyebrows closely, and once the pigment from the microblading procedure begins to fade, you will have to visit the practitioner again in order to proceed with the touch-up application.
- Some people might wonder what microblading touch-ups are. They are quite similar to the root touch-ups that we normally do for our hair. It is highly advisable that you go to the microblading center when the pigments start fading. Thereby, you will be able to simply fill in the colors again.
- It has been observed that sometimes people tend to wait for a prolonged period of time. If you do so, then the touch-up application will not work in your case. In other words, you will have to get the whole microblading procedure done all over again.
- Getting the process done again on both eyebrows is indeed a time consuming, as well as expensive process. So, make sure you are getting the touch-up applications done at regular intervals of 12 to 18 months.
Now that we know what is microblading & how long does microblading last, let’s take a look at the microblading process in detail.
- To begin with, the microblading practitioner will apply a topical anesthetic over the eyebrows. Alternatively, they can also use an anesthetic injection. This will help in numbing the area, and you will not be able to feel any pain during the process.
- After that, the practitioner will clean the whole area with the help of some alcohol.This will help in maintaining sterile conditions.
- Thereafter, they will place the microblading tip properly in the microblading handle of the tool.
- Once they are done with setting up the tool, they will dip the blade properly into suitable ink. They will also place the ink or pigment in different directions, as per the requirement. Finally, they will wipe away any excess ink that might be present using saline.
- After the completion of the microblading process, the practitioner will apply some antibiotic ointment over the area where the microblading process has been conducted.
We have seen what microblading is & how long does microblading last. After getting the microblading treatment, you must avoid touching the area as much as possible. This must be strictly followed for up to 48 hours after the completion of the microblading process. Along with that, you should also avoid doing heavy workouts during this time. Also, try to avoid unnecessary contact with water for two days. The use of make-up items must also be avoided during this healing phase.