A cataract is a severe eye problem when protein builds up in the eye’s lens and makes it very cloudy. It leads to blurred vision, and its severity increases with the increase of the cataract. However, the good news is that it is a common problem and can be treated with simple cataract surgery.
However, there are some things that you can expect from the cheapest cataract surgery in Dubai. Also, there are a few tips that you need to follow before undergoing surgery. So, keep reading this article to learn more about it.
What can you expect from cataract surgery?
This is a typical outpatient process, and you will need to stay in the hospital for a few days after the cataract surgery. It takes a maximum of 60 minutes for an ophthalmologist to finish the surgery. Besides, it is painless as the eye will be numbed with local anesthetics, and a sedative is provided for relaxation.
Cataract surgery is generally an inexpensive process, and it is very common. You can look for the cheapest cataract surgery in Dubai to bring things within your budget.
Initially, your eye may remain blurry while your eye takes time to adjust to the new normal and starts healing. Your vision will start to improve after a few days of the surgery. However, you may encounter some discomfort or itchiness during the initial days.
The healing process will be monitored by the ophthalmologist, and it will take about one month to heal from cataract surgery completely. You may need glasses at least for a few days after the surgery as well.
Things to do before the surgery:
There are a few things that need to be kept in mind before the mind. They are as follows:
- A week prior to the date of your surgery, the shape and size of your eye will be measured by the ophthalmologist with an ultrasound test. It is done to determine the correct lens type to implant in your eye, replacing the natural one.
- If you have health issues like high blood pressure or diabetes, your doctor may guide you on bringing them to healthy levels before the surgery. So, make sure that you are in general health before the surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory eye drops or antibiotics may be prescribed to reduce complication risks. You will have to take them before you undergo surgery for a few days.
- As you cannot drive instantly after the surgery, arrange for someone who will drive you home after your surgery. You will need 1 to 3 days of rest during the healing process. So, take leaves from your office beforehand.
- You may be told to fast for 12 hours before the surgery. So, follow it accordingly.
- If you are unsure about anything, ask it straight to the surgeon for clarification. You both need to be on the same page to ensure a successful cataract surgery and fast recovery.
Cataract operation has become common, and it is found mostly in aged people. However, choosing a good surgeon or ophthalmologist is essential because any wrong step can lead to permanent vision loss. Also, it would help if you stay prepared for your surgery and the healing period after the operation.
However, if you are looking for the best ophthalmologist Dubai near me, get in touch with Dr. Mamta Mittal. She possesses more than 2 decades of experience in the eye-care treatment and has a high success rate.