Window Covering Industry Overview
The global window covering market size was valued at USD 31.20 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6% from 2022 to 2030.
In the foreseeable term, the market will most likely be driven by strong economic growth. Increasing consumer disposable income has resulted in regular changes in window coverings, as well as wall paint and other home décor items. This has also been a significant driver in the market’s expansion.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Window Covering Market
After the outbreak of COVID-19, home renovations became more popular. However, market sellers reported a drop in bespoke window covering sales as house visits were restricted. In addition, a sizable DIY industry arose as a means of facilitating affordable home décor renovations. In contrast, different technologies and improvements, such as sensor-based window coverings, together with an increase in the number of smart homes, create long-term growth potential.
Smart window solutions such as connected shades, blinds, and curtains considerably improve comfort and convenience while always maintaining the proper mix of natural and artificial light, occupant well-being, and comfort. For example, at the Consumer Electronics Show 2020, Somfy, a company that specializes in smart home solutions, unveiled the Sonesse ULTRA 30 WireFree Zigbee Li-Ion motor. It allows users to control window coverings with a smartphone app, a remote control, or a simple voice command.
Moreover, AI is being used by several manufacturers to improve the overall consumer experience. For example, a new visualizer offered by Bali, a home design firm, allows clients to see window treatments on their windows. Users may simply submit a photo, select a treatment, and see how it looks in their own homes. To find the perfect window treatment solution for them, users can experiment with different colors, styles, and privacy levels.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Homecare & Decor Industry Research Reports.
- Artificial Intelligence Market – The global artificial intelligence market size was valued at USD 93.5 billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 38.1% from 2022 to 2030. The continuous research and innovation directed by the tech giants are driving the adoption of advanced technologies in industry verticals, such as automotive, healthcare, retail, finance, and manufacturing.
- Smart Home Market – The global smart home market size was estimated at USD 62.69 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.04% from 2022 to 2030. Smart home products are present in security cameras, smart lights, streaming devices, dishwashers, and more. The trend of artificial intelligence in smart home appliances for smart features is expected to increase the product demand.
Window Covering Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global window covering market based on type, application, distribution channel, installation, technology, and region
Window Covering Type Outlook (Volume, Million Sq. Ft.; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Blinds & Shades
Window Covering Application Outlook (Volume, Million Sq. Ft.; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Window Covering Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Million Sq. Ft.; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Window Covering Installation Outlook (Volume, Million Sq. Ft.; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- New Construction
Window Covering Technology Outlook (Volume, Million Sq. Ft.; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Window Covering Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Sq. Ft.; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- August 2020: Blinds.com, a Home Depot Company, expanded its popular cellular shades line to include a comprehensive, integrated system that could cover any window in the house, offering customers the advantages of cordless operation without the need for motorization.
- July 2020: Hunter Douglas introduced the Designer Roller Duolite Shade, a roller shade that combines a translucent fabric for light diffusion and a thick liner for room darkening.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global window covering market include
- Hunter Douglas
- Lotus & Windoware, Inc.
- Bombay Dyeing
- Welspun India Limited
- Skandia Window Fashions
- MechoShade Systems, LLC
- Lafayette Interior Fashions
- Comfortex Window Fashions
Order a free sample PDF of the Window Covering Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]